ECPAT International is a global network of organisations working together for the elimination of the sexual exploitation of children in all its manifestations i.e. exploitation of children in prostitution, online child sexual exploitation, sale and trafficking of children for sexual purposes, sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism and some forms of child, early and forced marriage. The ECPAT Network currently consists of 122 members working at national and local levels in 104 countries. The ECPAT Secretariat coordinates the global work of ECPAT and is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
The overall objective of this position is to provide expertise and lead the development of adult-learning approaches, tools and materials to support the capacity development of services providers, frontline workers and duty bearers in the fight against sexual exploitation of children. The position will be responsible for coordinating and directly implementing selected projects and activities undertaken by the Secretariat of ECPAT International and providing technical support across our interventions.
- Lead and manage the development and roll-out of capacity development strategies, tools, interventions and processes, including through online methods and blended approaches, with the ECPAT network and for various actors and duty bearers responsible for the protection of children from sexual exploitation.
- Lead and manage selected projects and activities related to training, curriculum development, capacity development and adult-learning techniques. This includes assessment of capacity development needs, identification of key competencies and development of competency frameworks, initiation and conceptualisation, planning, development of the approaches and capacity development tools, including through blended and online approaches, contextualization, implementation, grant management and donor relations, monitoring, evaluation and learning, communication and visibility, and management of project partners relation
- Lead the development of specific research products that relate to the identification of core competencies among specific categories of personnel responsible to address sexual exploitation of children, as well as assessment of baseline and evaluation of training needs and impact.
- Provide technical support to Heads of Programmes and Regional Coordinators for the development and delivery of capacity development strategies.
- Manage and oversee a team of interns and consultants according to needs and development
- Prepare, facilitate and document workshops and working sessions where experts, beneficiaries or partners develop, validate or pilot various training tools.
- Provide technical expertise for adult-learning approaches and techniques, including through the development and provision of direct contribution to material and projects.
- Represent ECPAT in events and with media in relation to projects and the area of expertise
- Develop collaborations and partnerships with external actors, including global networks, academic institutions, experts and researchers
- Participate in SEC communities of practices or discussions related to capacity development efforts
- Contribute to the development and implementation of advocacy strategy and related outputs in the area of expertise
- Support and coordinate efforts to influence policy changes linked to projects or expertise of ECPAT, in support to ECPAT members or globally
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals within the scope of work area
- Contribute to organisational reporting (donor and other) with respect to work area.
- Overall contributions to work plan of the research team as requested by supervisor.
Competencies and qualifications
- Ability to work both as a team player as well as autonomously
- Demonstrated commitment to ECPAT’s mission and values
- Excellent written communication skills for a variety of audiences and skilled cross-cultural communications
- Ability to multi-task, including coordinating complex activities with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Drive for results
- Setting clear defined objectives, activity planning and monitoring, and ability to adapt as required
- Ability to analyse and synthetize large amounts of information
- Attention to detail
- Related qualification, in adult learning, training, etc.
- Proven expertise and knowledge (through studies, diploma or extensive working experience) in adult-learning techniques, including through online approaches and the use of the Bopps method and the competency-based approaches.
- Demonstrated experience and track record in developing and implementing capacity development programmes in the field of children’s rights and child protection
- Excellent writing skills in English and at least one other UN language is a must.
As a child-focused organisation, ECPAT has a strong commitment to child safeguarding and rigorous procedures. The successful candidate will be required to provide three referees and a criminal record from country of residence and country of origin (as applicable).
Contractual arrangement and conditions may depend on local jurisdiction of the home-base.
How to apply
Please find information on our website: https://ecpat.org/careers/
Applications can be submitted to: [email protected]
Please mention in the subject header your name and “Adult Learning”.
Deadline: 3 January 2023
Closing date: 3 Jan 2023