The team implements a playbook with 5 work-streams to help our sales teams achieve this high level of growth:
- Sales Leaders & Operational Units CEO Industry Advisors : Set up and run industry communities within the Salesforce EMEA sales and supporting organisation – Industry Leads also act as the COO of the Industry Boards – cross-functional groups led by a senior sales leader to drive focus and growth for the industry across EMEA
- Industry Thought Leadership & brand awareness: Developing Salesforce white papers that can also be presented at Salesforce events and 3rd party conferences
- Scale Industry Sales Assets at account level:
Identify and scale industry assets (including value propositions, industry trends, C-level challenges and strategic value of technology) for top notch customers and support sales teams on how to build partnerships with industry executives
- Industry Pipe Generation: Lead structured and programmatic pipeline generation activities, working with the extended Salesforce machine of field-marketing, partners, sales programs and tele-marketers. This includes presenting at Salesforce events and 3rd party conferences with c-level customers
- Industry Accounts & C-Suite engagement:
Work as part of the extended account teams on the top strategic accts for an Industry in Northern EMEA, providing customized industry expertise in a customer-facing capacity to develop and progress large sales opportunities. This account support can be extended to other accounts with large opportunities.
The Role Will Cover The Following Areas
The ideal candidate will be in a high-profile role to maintain and deliver our playbook for the Financial Services industry in EMEA, contributing to scale activity across several regions. They will be part of the EMEA FINSERV team and will be in charge of covering Banking & Fintech.
- Providing direct, hands-on support to our most strategic Banking accounts in thier region
- Co-build and drive with other teams (Business Value Services, Sales Strategy, Sales leaders) Industry Business Planning and the strategy to reach ambitions
- Conduct relevant customer and industry research to support our sales teams
- Adapt existing industry content and re-usable assets to assist our sales teams in their customer engagements
- Present at Salesforce events and 3rd party conferences on industry topics and with customers
- Be involved in our industry-focused communities across EMEA and with other region (mainly AMER) to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Involvement in industry thought-leadership and industry points-of-view – Co design position papers with strategic consulting firms
- Train up, enable and support the business on industry initiatives / trends and Salesforce industry value propositions
- Present to and advise Salesforce local and EMEA management on business trends with a view to developing new industry programs and demand generation activities
- Act as liaison between field sales/presales/marketing and Global / regional organizations such as Industry luminaries
- Monitor pipeline progression, join forecast calls and review meetings with mainly local/regional industry sales teams, follow-up gaps and proactively recommend actions to cover gaps
Skills / Attributes Needed
- Strong analytical background, ideally at a major Financial Institution in EMEA or at a Tier 1 strategy consulting firm or a Global System Integrator to a Mid-Senior Level
- Industry experience and expertise in Financial Services, ideally across EMEA and multiple sub-verticals
- Collaborative and team spirit is a key skill to succeed in that position
- Strong ability to present to executive audiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit and confidence to pick up and lead new projects
- Experience in dealing, plus good networking and strong influencing skills
- Ability to lead and influence extended teams without formal line-reporting authority
- Willing to travel (inside EMEA and sometime to USA) to support on-going activities, key opportunities (~30% of time)
- Good Line of Business communication, and ability to present the industry concept internally (e.g., to Sales teams) and externally (in front of senior client or at events)
- Fluency in English is essential and additional languages are a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
To apply for this job please visit salesforce.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.