IMPACT civil society research and development
The consultant will develop the agenda and content for 4 dialogue sessions among Syrian civil society organizations who are based in different regions, and work in different sectors. The consultant will lead the dialogue to create an agenda, and workplan for next year’s dialogue activities.
- IMPACT – Civil Society Research and Development e.V. , founded in Berlin in 2013, is a non-profit civil society organization with offices in Iraq, Turkey and Syria. Civil society support is the core of IMPACT’s mission through long-term and balanced support to individuals and organizations in the conflict and developed countries. IMPACT main areas of intervention are capacity building, research, peace building and diaspora engagement.
- The Syrian Civil Society Network Platform (SCNP), a platform of 9 civil society networks, formed in early 2019, aims to act as a cross-country, cross network coordination platform. It aims “to strengthen the collaboration, capacity, and voices of rights-based Syrian civil society and diaspora networks and build dialogue and solidarity between Syrian organizations.”
In the past 10 years, and with the evolution of Syrian civil society, the fragmentation of the country is affecting the channels of communication between Syrian civil society in the diaspora, and across the areas of military control inside Syria.
Since the establishment of SCNP, the platform has been providing a Syrian space for Syrian civil society networks 1- to discuss their strategies, and the challenges they are facing, and 2- to share experiences and knowledge about each other’s work especially that the platform is bringing networks of Syrian diaspora organizations from different countries, who are working in different sectors.
Within its mandate to strengthen the collaboration among civil society, SCNP is looking on how to improve the channels between Syrian civil society organizations and other actors.
2. PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The overall objective of this consultation is to develop moderate 4 dialogue sessions among Syrian civil society networks and organizations in the diaspora, and in Syria across Syria. The primary purpose of those sessions is to build a road map for dialogue among civil society actors in different regions and from different sectors in 2023. The Overall goal of this project is to build joint perspectives between civil society organizations that have widely differing goals and perspectives. It also aims to link Syrian diaspora organizations with counterparts within Syria.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment is to provide 4 working days of consultancy within 2 months of the project. During this period the consultant will work closely with the SCNP coordinator to run the dialogue sessions, and build the roadmap.
3.1. The consultancy is aimed to achieve following objectives:
1- To provide a road map for next year dialogue activities.
2- Moderate 4 dialogue sessions to narrow down the topics of dialogue and help in building the road map.
Even there will be a quiet space for creativity in this consultancy, but there should be basic standards for the methodology. The consultants are welcomed to share their points of view on methodology in their technical offer.
3.3. KEY DELIVERABLES:
3.3.1. Following deliverables are expected from the service provider:
- Methodology of building the road map and a detailed work plan within the first week of the contracting period.
- Agenda for all 4 sessions in the first week of the consultancy.
– Final version of the road map on the 8th week of the consultancy.
3.4.1. The tasks of this consultation will be online.
3.5.1. This is a short-term assignment for individual consultants is a period of 4 working days in a timeframe of two months. Tentatively this assignment will start in Nov 2022 (dates shall be confirmed).
3.6. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
3.6.1. The consultant or their representative person will:
18.104.22.168. Sign with IMPACT a consultancy agreement and work as a resource person for the 10 days.
22.214.171.124. Discuss and agree with IMPACT on the final deliverable.
126.96.36.199. Design an appropriate process of the consultancy leading to the desired results.
188.8.131.52. Propose on the most appropriate methodology for effective delivery of the assignment.
184.108.40.206 Submit the research study based on the objectives of this research.
- University degree in humanitarian/development related studies
– Five years of experience in working with civil society in the MENA region (working on Syria is addition but it is important that applicants have experiences in other contexts)
– Five years of experience in working in mediation, or moderation dialogues.
– Knowledge and practical experience in working with civil society networks and alliances.
– Experience working in armed conflict settings, particularly with CSOs,
vulnerable groups and cross conflict border contexts;
– A demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and with multiple partners.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic. English is a plus
3.8 Language: The language of this consultancy including all deliverables is Arabic. Communication can be done in English or Arabic
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
4.1.1. Consultant/ representative person are required to submit their technical and financial proposals the IMPACT HR department in English via the link https://forms.gle/sWSgtiTCtcWxf59L8
5. TECHNICAL PROPOSAL:
5.1.1. The technical proposal should include but not limited to the following information:
220.127.116.11. A brief outline of recent experience and client references in carrying out assignments of similar nature (Max. 1 pages)
18.104.22.168. Detailed description of how the consultant understands and will respond to the ToR including time frame.
22.214.171.124. Curriculum Vitae of consultants.
126.96.36.199. The consultant methods to provide this consultancy.
6. FINANCIAL PROPOSAL:
6.1.1. The financial proposal must contain overall quotation in Euro for all the services to be provided and must follows the following:
188.8.131.52. Summary of the total costs for the services proposed
184.108.40.206. Any taxes applicable
7. PROPOSED PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
7.1.1. 100% of the payment will be released to the consultant after completing the consultancy.
How to apply
Kindly use the link https://forms.gle/sWSgtiTCtcWxf59L8
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Closing date: 30-Nov-22