Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Mozambique is currently ranked 185th/191 on the Human Development Index, and around 946,000 people are internally displaced in northern Mozambique (mostly in Cabo Delgado). Nearly 1.9 million people are highly food insecure due to conflict, low rainfall and high food prices.
Action contre la Faim has been working in Mozambique between 1991 and 2001, and has resumed its presence in 2019 via local actors’strengthening and in 2021 via direct interventions. ACF’s mission in Mozambique is currently in full expansion, with ongoing large scale emergency projects and several others in discussion. The field team is composed of 120 people, and the team is still growing.
Our assistance currently focuses on the Province of Cabo Delgado, with an office in office in Pemba and a sub-office in Mueda. However we are working on a registration in two other Provinces in the Northern part of the country.
The organization currently plays a strong role in Health emergency capacities strengthening, through the support of the mobile health brigades and health facilities and nutrition care to IDPs and host communities. ACF is working to reduce food insecurity among the affected population (food and cash assistance) and contribute to improve their resilience through by supporting household agriculture and incoming generating activities. ACF is also improving access to WASH services and WASH practices at institutional (school/health facilities) and community levels for IDPs and host communities.
We are looking for a Country Director to lead our activities in the country.
The position is based in Maputo with 50% travel to the field (mainly in Cabo Delgado for now). The first 3 months of the contract, you will be based in Pemba.
Ideally we would like to have someone early December but wa can also arrange for January 2023.
As the ACF leader of the Mozambique mission, you’ll have to consolidate the Country Office.
You will directly manage 5 people among a team of 50.
More precisely, you will have to:
– Expand and restructure the mission with openings in 2 new provinces
– Take a great part in team management and stabilizing teams
– Support the security management of the Country Office
– Suport your team in the humanitarian programming
– Develop partnership with local NGOS
With a BA or Master degree, you can justify 5 years of experience in mangement position in the Humanitarian or Development sector. Your rigor is a valuable asset to lead this mission with strong leadership, strong management skills, sense of responsibility, and a multi-tasking capacity. Full English command is mandatory as well as Spanish, Italian or French to ease your integration to the community. Knowledge of Portugese would be the must!
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 3370 to 3895EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 503EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– 15% of the gross salary for specific flying allowance
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
– Family Status
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
Closing date: 26-Nov-22