Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party/Behavior Integration Advisor for the anticipated five-year USAID funded Low Cost Private Schools (LCPS) Activity in Ghana. The purpose of the activity is to enable proprietors, teachers, communities, financial organizations, professional networks, and the Government of Ghana (GoG) to improve student learning outcomes and financing options for LCPSs. The activity is focused on select LCPSs in the USAID Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Zone of Influence (ZOI)1 in northern Ghana. This position will be based in Ghana. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve in a leadership capacity of the LCPS project, working closely with the Chief of Party and the project team to ensure smooth and effective implementation of all project activities
- Oversee project support of LCPSs’ to improve teaching and learning by increasing certification, providing access to in-service training, and implementing service-delivery improvements
- Lead behavior change strategy integration across activity objectives with a focus on increasing student, teacher, and school performance
- Formulate productive, collaborative working relationships with USAID, subcontractors, and project staff, to promote a motivating and collegial working environment
- Perform additional tasks as required by project leadership
- Advanced degree in social sciences and six years of experience in design and implementation of evidence-based social and behavior change strategies in West or sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience integrating gender, disability inclusion, and equity in programming
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy Chief of Party/Behavior Integration Advisor” in the subject line to [email protected] by Wednesday, August 31, 2022. Finalists will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Closing date: 8/31/2022