SoCha intends to submit a proposal for the USAID/Vietnam follow-on to the Learning and Knowledge Management (Learns) activity in the Republic of Vietnam. The purpose of the activity is to enable data-driven decision-making and evidence-based collaborating, learning, and adapting within and amongst USAID/Vietnam and its partners to improve program management and development impact in Vietnam. As development programs continue to adapt to the rapidly changing and dynamic operating environment in Vietnam, USAID/Vietnam requires access to up-to-date and on-demand contextual information, systems, and processes to coordinate timely programmatic responses, and qualitative and quantitative context data to advance the goal and development objectives of its 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy. As information sources and data points continue to grow, the Mission also requires comprehensive knowledge capture, retention, transfer, and management practices to support evidence-based decision-making and efficiently and effectively facilitate M&E and CLA approaches within USAID/Vietnam and amongst implementing partners. Additionally, the Mission requires performance improvement services for its strategic partners and an approach that fundamentally ensures responsiveness to program participant feedback regarding USAID’s assistance.
SoCha is seeking a full-time, qualified individual to fill the role of Finance and Administration Manager (FAM). The FAM position will be full-time and based in Hanoi. This role is for a proposal position and is contingent on award and funding.
Scope of Work
The Finance and Administration Manager assumes a vital role in driving the successful execution of the project by exercising comprehensive oversight of streamlined processes in financial management, human resources, contracts, and operational policies. Prioritizing the coordination and enhancement of procurement procedures, he/she will lead the provision of administrative support for all project activities, including logistics for technical events. He/she will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and will actively coordinate with SoCha’s Home Office, ensuring seamless communication and collaboration.
The FAM responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration.
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project.
- Develop financial reports for USAID, including quarterly accrual reports.
- Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices.
- Analyze budgeted-to-actual expenditures and “burn rate”.
- Oversee the finance and administration, operations, and human resources project team.
- Oversee monthly payroll and preparation of social charges and tax remittances for staff.
- Retain and maintain financial records.
- Ensure compliance with US Government, USAID, and SoCha policies and procedures for finance, procurement, and human resources.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws.
- Provide senior-level oversight of field team operations, ensuring safety standards are met.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field such as finance, accounting, or business.
- A minimum of five (5) or more years of experience managing finances for USAID or international donor-funded projects.
- Experience overseeing international donor project budgets.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Experience with QuickBooks software.
- Knowledge of payroll and fringe benefits.
- Experience overseeing the finance and accounting of USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
How to apply
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV via the following link:
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.
Deadline: 29 Feb 2024