SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Are you interested in contributing to shaping and defining SNV’s digitalisation efforts across the agri-food, energy and water sectors? SNV is seeking a dynamic and pragmatic professional to take on the role of Global Technical Advisor (GTA) – Digital Innovation.
In this role you will provide technical advice and strategic guidance in support of the development, inception and execution of projects with a pronounced digitalisation component. In this cross-functional role you will play a pivotal role across various domains, including digital finance, supply chain management, transparent decision making, municipal information systems and other data management systems.
In a rapidly evolving digitalisation landscape, the GTA Digital Innovation will take a lead in implementing SNV’s digitalisation approach and roadmap. A primary focus area will be to accelerate the pace of adoption and utilisation of digitalisation products, methodologies, and tools in existing projects and new funding proposals. Furthermore, the GTA will influence the organisation’s external positioning on digitalisation, foster strategic partnerships and substantially expand SNV’s digitalisation portfolio by pro-actively engaging in project design, business development and proposal writing.
Strategy Implementation and Continuous Improvement
- Drive the implementation of the SNV Digital Innovation Agenda and roadmap and develop digital business cases and blueprints for five digital innovation themes, aligned them with the 2030 strategy.
- Proactively engages with donors and tech partners, cultivating partnerships for the innovation agenda.
- Identifies digital technology in the agrifood, energy, and water sectors taking into account existing trends and experiences.
- Supports Global Sector Teams in executing the digitalisation roadmap enhancing SNV’s visibility and recognition with key donors, major private and public tech players, and non-profit organisations.
Advisory Services, Quality Assurance and Project Cycle Management
- Coaches and provides support to project managers and project teams and gives backstopping support through technical advice and capacity building for programme and project teams
- Provides advice and support to foster SNV’s digital innovation culture, the use of data for adaptive management and continuous learning and steer the knowledge sharing and learning agenda in digitalisation across SNV, providing guidance to sector teams globally on theories and best practices in digitalisation.
- Collaborates closely with Business Development, Global Sector and country colleagues to analyse donor trends and identify funding opportunities.
- Leads project proposal design with focus on digitalisation and provide technical review of proposals that include a digitalisation component.
- Develops a substantial project pipeline, ensuring a high project win rate to strengthen SNV’s digitalisation portfolio.
Knowledge and Learning
- Leads sector practice development, translating external trends into actionable internal improvements and innovations.
- Coordinates internal and external knowledge development and innovation in digital technology, including drafting and reviewing publications.
- Participates in internal and external knowledge development and innovation networks and maintains and updates the digitalisation knowledge agenda.
- Ensures the suite of products, methodologies and tools for digitalisation efforts meet high-quality standards.
- Develops “new” products, innovative methodologies or tools based on experiences and external developments in collaboration with Global Sector Teams and partners.
Profiling and positioning
- Develops, expands, and maintains effective strategic partnerships with relevant donors, private and public players, non-profit organisations and other stakeholders through networking and profiling.
- Represents SNV at selected national and international events.
How to apply
Deadline: 12 Jan 2024