The Libya Economic Acceleration Project (LEAP/Aqfuz) is a newly awarded USAID program implemented by Chemonics International. The goal of the program is to promote inclusive private sector-led growth throughout southern Libya, increasing economic resilience while putting new future opportunities in reach for a diverse group of stakeholders. LEAP/Aqfuz will enhance entrepreneurship skills, provide firm-level assistance, provide technical and vocational training, and strengthen the capacity of business development service providers.
The Grants and Procurement Manager will be responsible for soliciting, awarding, implementing and monitoring grants and technical activities. The Grants and Procurement Manager is responsible for performing evaluations and assessments of potential grantees, designing agreements and scopes of work, monitoring financial and operational implementation, and ensuring that close-out is completed in accordance with applicable regulations. The Grants and Procurement Manager will liaise closely with LEAP technical staff, including the Deputy Chief of Party and MSME Lead, and will lead the process of transforming potential opportunities into defined and actionable grant programming that is in line with LEAP’s goals and objectives.
The Grants and Procurement Manager will report to the Operations and Finance Lead.
- Ensure that all contract-specified related regulatory requirements for grants (including ADS, CFR, and OMB) are met in a satisfactory and professional manner;
- Create financial and administrative procedures for monitoring grant expenditures, including appropriate reporting and authority delegation;
- Draft and release Request for Applications (RFAs) in accordance with technical activity requirements;
- Manage the evaluation and selection committee process for potential grantees;
- Establish controls for expenditures and reporting on use of funds;
- Establish and regularly update the Grants Database Tracker and ensure timely communications with technical and MEL teams on any and all issues and items concerning grantee achievements, notable events, performance, completion of milestones, and any other issue of interest;
- Coordinate with grantees and LEAP technical staff during grant execution, including tracking milestones, payments, compliance, delivering training to improve grantee administration capacity where relevant, working with technical staff on timelines and deliverables, ensuring proper file management;
- Keep complete files of all documentation generated with each grantee, including applications, contracts and deliverables, communications and publications, documentation of emails and letters, and brief records of phone conversations;
- Responsible for all documentation related to closeout of grant
- Draft statements of work and specifications for various services and material assistance to local partners;
- Liaise between project technical staff and grant recipients, ensuring that recipients are provided with technical advice in financial management and reporting;
- Assist with developing branding and marking plans with grantees;
- Ensure that all grant activities meet USAID and Libyan compliance requirements;
- Travel to field locations, as needed, to support grant negotiations, implementation, and close-out;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Operations and Finance Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Minimum of three years of professional experience with grants management and implementation – grants management experience on USAID or other donor funded projects preferred;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to grant awards and administration;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated management experience;
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message of the project.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and other basic computer applications.
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English.
How to apply
To Apply: Please submit your CV to [email protected]
*Closing date: 2-Nov-22