Chemonics seeks a Senior Technical Advisor for Health Market Partnerships for the ongoing USAID Frontier Health Markets Engage project in India. Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change. The Partnerships lead will develop and implement marketing plans in partnership with value chain actors to increase demand and utilization of private sector FP and/or health interventions, generate consumer insights, manage the communication strategy, monitor the key product/service parameters to ensure better planning and drive digital campaigns/activations. The lead will also draft the Scope of Work and activity description for India implementing partners and finalize them in coordination with Chemonics’ Partnerships Team. This position will be based in New Delhi or Guwahati, India. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Address barriers to access and use of quality health products, services, and information through market-based approaches and increase the resources available to, and the capacity of, the local private sector
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of portfolio of new partners (i.e. across women livelihoods and health value chain) to help towards the achievement of project objectives including annual joint work-plans, tracking and monitoring of partnership programs in the field, and consolidating reporting requirements
- Keep abreast of market trends, developments in the corporate sector, rules and reporting requirements of the Companies Act pertaining to sections on CSR and concepts/practices pertaining to Creating Shared Value (CSV)
- Coordinating, facilitating, and supporting interventions aimed at institutionalizing quality assurance and quality improvement systems for the private sector, including effective and efficient accreditation models of private providers
- Expansion of product and service offerings by local private sector actors, including networked and non-networked service providers, distributors, pharmacy, drug shops, and other retailers by facilitating access to affordable finance, capacity building, quality improvement, and other opportunities in order to increase availability and accessibility of high-quality FP and/or other health products, services, and information
- Rigour in regular analysis of brand and category trends from internal and external data sources and identifying opportunities and gaps for the FP products/services to drive growth
- Profit &Loss management tracking for services and products, new product launches/ category development, driving consumer research and working with key stakeholders to build business case and drive execution of marketing plans.
- Driving forward high-priority market-shaping activities through a range of activities such as guiding the development of market assessments, conceptualizing and negotiating supplier agreements, consensus building among key internal and external stakeholders, as well as executing term sheets and final agreements with suppliers and other partners.
- Conceptualization & Execution of Integrated Campaigns for distributors, retailers, marketers – Work closely with creative agency partners on development of the core brand messaging and then building the product communication delivering on product objectives and adhering to core brand ethos. Design marketing collaterals such as brochures, product catalogue and promotional materials.
- Identify, develop, and amplify success stories and best practices through annual progress reports, newsletters, social media, and other channels in collaboration with country partners and with the Communications team.
- Drafting the SoW and activity description for local partner organizations in India and work with the PMU and HQ Partnerships Team to create teaming and partnering arrangements
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in private health sector and minimum 5 years experience in FMCG or OTC Healthcare with extensive experience in dealing with manufacturer, marketing agencies, wholesalers/ distributors, retailers and government regulatory sector at multiple levels.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Communications, Business Administration and/or Marketing or equivalent knowledge gained through proven experience (at least 5 years as Brand Manager in FMCG or OTC Healthcare).
- Ability to think strategically, leverage market information to generate market intelligence which will guide investments and improve market performance and drive project implementation.
- Project management expertise with an ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion. Ability to break down tasks into short term goals as in consulting experience in a coordination and operations management role
- Leadership and team management skills, i.e. ability to build good relationships at all levels and to be able to advise, influence and coach
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, and research capabilities, with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite (OneNote, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience developing USAID workplans and budgets preferred
- Communicates clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, requiring a high degree of communication and ability to meet deadlines.
- May require working hours outside of India business hours in order to communicate and collaborate with partners in the USA
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “STA Health Market Partnerships” in the subject line to [email protected] by November 30, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Closing date: 30 Nov 2023