Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to policy development and implementation
- Advisory Services
- Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Support the communication of HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
2. Advisory Services
- Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Position Management, Performance Management, Benefits and Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance to personnel on administrative procedures, processes and practices.
- Act as liaison between unit and internal and external clients and provides proactive customer service to expedite completion of projects, and provide information.
- As the first face of HR, ensure that new hires’ first impressions are positive and that they have all in-processing information completed.
- Advise hiring management and guide personnel on UNOPS recruitment and performance management processes, and learning and development initiatives, resources, and plans.
- Provide advice to supervisors on good practices, policies and procedures in performance management, including managing of underperformance.
- Support the implementation of institutional gender and diversity initiatives, providing education and advice on issues related to equity, compliance, inclusion, and diversity.
3. Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Assist in recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy.
- Actively participate in work force planning at the office and project level and guide clients through recruitment and selection processes. Take lead on requisition initiation, longlisting, testing and interviews, formal approvals, selection minutes, reference checking, fee calculation, offers and rejections, and updating recruitment on-line information system.
- Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Liaise with UNOPS’ HR related groups such as SSC on personnel administration matters and submit transactional HR service data (normally within the ERP system).
- Research precedents and present recommendations to supervisor, taking into account institutionalized exceptions. Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports
- Establish and maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines. Follow up on team work processes to ensure clearance, approvals and timely workflows
- Answer questions and follow-up with personnel and management to ensure completion of absences requests, performance management cycle, and other HR processes etc. in electronic information systems.
- Liaise with relevant HQ and UN system units to exchange information and follow up on pending issues.
- Set up and maintain reference files/records.
- Follow up or process payroll verification.
- Monitor status of HR actions to facilitate timely action by supervisor and line management, including on transactions initiated, expiring appointments/contracts, and pending separation actions.
- Support efficient planning and management of the HR unit, including drafting annual recruitment plans, implementing designated projects in line with the corporate HR strategy, overseeing personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business units
4. Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices
5. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support to the organization, facilitation and/or delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and provide content for notes/reports including quarterly and year-end reports for monitoring, statistical and review purposes by management.
- Liaise with relevant HQ and UN system units to exchange information and follow up on pending issues
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the HR Associate directly impact on the compliant execution of HR processes in the respective unit and the efficient and effective performance within it. These promote the credibility of the organization as an effective service provider in project services and management.
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- First University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable.
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience in an international and/or national organization in providing HR advisory, recruitment, and/or HR-generalist services. Relevant Diploma or Bachelor degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN policies, procedures and practices highly desirable
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (i.e. MS Office, Google Suite, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of HR information systems, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (i.e Agresso/Unit4, SAP) is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar languages required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to apply
Closing date: 18-Dec-22