Acción contra el Hambre España
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
WE WORK IN LEBANON AGAINST COVID-19
- Focusing on Syrian refugee population and Lebanese host communities,
- mobilization committees,
- isolation centers,
- municipalities and service providers.
- Conducting training for health personnel.
- Distributing disinfection and dignity kits.
- Installing latrines for people with specific needs in Aarsal.
- Carrying out channel cleaning to ensure proper drainage. Distributing water through tanker trucks.
The ICT Manager will be responsible to:
Provide the necessary support and indispensable guidance to ensure that AAH Information Technology and Communication (ICT) standards are upheld, and equipment is used correctly
Objective 1: Manage the mission’s IT environment and telecommunications resources (15%)
- To be carried out as specified in the “Kit log” (Logistics Kit) under the supervision of the Logistic coordinator in collaboration with the IT of missions at the HQ office in Madrid.
- Ensuring that all the mission’s workstations adhere to AAH’s IT standards;
- Ensuring that the necessary communication equipment is available in the mission
- Maintaining equipment (IT and telecoms) and conducting daily/monthly checks to ensure that maintenance tasks have been completed
- Manage, reporting and monitoring the communication plans for all staff. Including devices and SIM cards from the operator.
- Monitoring and tracking the mission’s IT and telecoms resource pool;
- Monthly reporting to the logistics Coordinator and managing any end-of-contract donations;
- Managing relationships with external suppliers (maintenance and repair services, etc.)
- Maintaining an ongoing technological watch for new developments in the country or region in IT and telecommunications.
Objective 2: Manage local networks, internet connections and telecommunications resources (10%)
- To work with equipment and IT service providers, internet ISP’s and network services and the heads of ICT of other organizations to complete these tasks.
- Installing and maintaining local networks at the bases and network connected peripherals
- Capitalizing on technical documentation on the network and internet connection to produce a detailed mapping
- Capitalizing on technical documentation on the mission’s telecommunications
- Managing relationships with local telecommunications suppliers (internet ISP’s, fixed and mobile telephone companies etc.) and rationalizing associated costs
- Maintaining an ongoing technological watch across internet and telecommunications service providers
- Lead and trigger the procurement processes related to ICT
Objective 3: Implement and monitor AAH’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) standards (20%)
- To be carried out as specified in the “Kit log” (Logistics Kit) under the supervision of the Logistic coordinator in collaboration with the IT of missions at the HQ Madrid
- Ensuring AAH standards for the use of IT and telecoms equipment are upheld
- Monitoring the mission’s security protection, ensuring compliance with antivirus software usage guidelines; ensuring software updates are deployed at individual workstations
- Implementing and supervising the data backup policy and related procedures across the entire mission
- Suggesting possible improvements
Objective 4: Provide training, technical assistance and support to users (40%)
- Training users on the correct use of IT resources and respecting IT security rules
- Training users on the use of resources and respecting procedures
- Providing technical support to the Logistic coordinator in the definition of IT requirements for future programs
- Providing users of telecommunications resources with the information necessary for their daily use
Objective 5: Supervise the IT team (15%)
- Establish a work plan and IT Strategy at mission level in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator
- Control the planning of the IT Focal points at base level
- Delegate the activities and check that they are properly executed
- In case of absence of a direct team member, take over the activities
- Organize training sessions
- Carry out appraisal interviews
- Provide technical support to the team if necessary
- Taking part in the recruitment of his/her teams
- Organizing and leading team meetings
- Working out and monitoring individual action plans for team members
- Managing planning operations, task sharing and coordination of work
- Providing for evaluation interviews for team members
- Providing technical support to the teams
- Identifying the training needs of team members
- Devising, organizing, and leading training sessions
- Managing difficulties in the team
Objective 6: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Very good knowledge of the Windows operating system (Windows 10 and Server) and of Microsoft Office 365 Products (Admins, Intune, Power App and Power BI
- Able to connect computers and peripherals and share resources (printers and files)
- Good knowledge of system security and network security
- Good understanding of data back-up strategies.
3 years’ professional experience in IT is an asset
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Is an asset
English & Arabic compulsory (written and verbal), French is an asset.
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA).
How to apply
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.