Islamic Development Bank
Responsible for the designing, production and delivery of all IRTI publications on the relevant e-platforms to promote and enhance their outreach in the target markets to help IRTI achieve its revenue objectives. The role is also responsible for ensuring that copyright and Intellectual Property Rights of IRTI’s publications are protected at all times.
E-Publishing Planning and Execution:
- Build and execute e-publishing strategy through research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Set up, design and execute the strategy to increase the visibility of IRTI’s e-publications.
- Collaborate with the relevant IRTI staff in the design, development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of IRTI’s e-book reader app, websites and other channels for publishing IRTI’s products.
- Ensure the development and protection of IRTI’s e-publishing technical specifications and standards, in line with global best practices and IsDB guidelines.
- Ensure that IRTI’s e-channels are sufficient and effective enough to increase the reach in the market.
- Keep track of the number of users to the e-reader app, websites, number of publications bought/downloaded, and revenue generated.
- Put in place mechanisms to receive feedback from the web/app users and customers on the various aspects like quality, relevance, price etc. on the publication contents and share the same with relevant units of the Institute.
- Collaborate with the Lead Academic Specialist to ensure that the publications comply with the guidelines of the Institute.
- Put in place mechanism to monitor and ensure that there is no infringement of any of the IRTI’s copyright and IPR on published contents.
- Build strategic relationships with major publishing houses
- Reach out and establish relationships with international and prominent authors as well as promising new authors to contribute to leadership of the Institute in Islamic Economics publications.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and best practices in e-publishing and share the same with colleagues in IRTI to adopt new ideas.
- Coach, mentor and develop junior staff in the Institute.
- Attend seminars, conferences and related events to represent and showcase the products and services of IRTI.
Reporting & Communications:
- Prepare and present regular progress reports to keep the IRTI Management updated on all aspects of e-publishing.
- Suggest improvements in the publications, research papers, training course contents or any relevant issues based on the feedback received.
- Communicate with participants, other stakeholders and vendors to resolve issues, if any.
Academic and Professional Qualifications::
- Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in E-Publishing or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in E-publishing
- Hands-on experience on various computer platforms, design and publishing software and related technologies.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert-level skills in developing e-publications, including the design, development, testing and implementation phases.
- Ability to lead technical and non-technical requirements gathering and analysis projects
- Ability to utilize relevant software for e-publishing and publications workflow management.
- Ability to utilize high-end graphics software to produce custom graphics and enhance photographs for websites and other publications.
- Knowledge of online publishing regulations.
How to apply
Please follow the link http://www.isdbcareers.com/careers/isdb/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=163489
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023