Islamic Development Bank
Develop institutional mechanisms for enhancing the governance, transparency and management of the procurement process undertaken by member countries and clearances provided by the Bank. Develop and implement, in coordination with the field staff, material and capacity development initiatives to enhance the governance and complaint handling during the procurement process. Strengthen the capabilities of Bank staff, Executing Agencies (EAs) and Project Management Units (PMUs) for project procurement governance related activities. The position also is responsible for improving and enhancing compliance with the project procurement guidelines. Management of complaint handling and reporting progress on governance issues.
Strategic & Operational Planning:
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of the Procurement Governance & Complaints Handling strategy and plans in line with IsDB’s fiduciary roles and responsibilities.
- Develop institutional mechanism and processes for improving procurement governance, and complaint handling
- Monitor and Assess quality of the project procurement function outputs and services.
- Contribute to the jointly work with the relevant fiduciary units of the Bank, for implementation of sanctions.
- Contribute in the establishment and update, as needed, of the approval thresholds for procurement specialists, which is to be read in conjunction with the Delegation of Authority Matrix of the Bank and the Organizational Manual defining the roles and functions of the Unit.
- Enhance performance of the Governance and Complaint handling cluster and ensure effective implementation of various programs and initiatives.
- Monitor and identify the areas needing improvements and rectified promptly any potential performance shortcomings in the procurement process.
- Review and contribute to handling all procurement related complaints and address these complaints in according to the Bank’s complaint handling mechanism.
- Guide the Executing Agencies and Procurement Management Unit is handling complaints on procurement process in an efficient manner and as per policies and procedures of the Bank
- Lead the process for enforcing the sanction administrative process of the Bank ensuring that sanctions are imposed on entities found to have participated in coercive, collusive, corrupt, fraudulent or obstructive practices under the Bank’s sanctions system or adopted under such understanding as the Agreement for Mutual Enforcement of Debarment Decisions (“Cross-Debarment”).
Policies and Procedures:
- Oversee project procurement compliance and quality aspects on matters related to procurement process and clearance provided on IsDB’s financing provided to beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the IsDB digital governance agenda including the governance of the E-procurement initiatives
- Undertake analytical work on review of governance of procurement aspects and compliance with policies, procedures, and procurement process
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
- Advise on all aspects of the organization’s project procurement related complaint procedures and to effectively handle all project procurement related complaints
- Contributing to the development agenda by knowledge generation through the publication of material on Governance and complaint handling.
- Design and present training sessions, materials, and tools & templates in order to enhance the complaint handling process and to create better awareness about the Bank’s complaint handing mechanisms.
Reporting & Communication:
- Work with the Capacity Building Cluster and Operations staff at Headquarter and in the Regional Hubs in improving complaint handing process and create capacity and knowledge.
- Work with the Fiduciary Departments/Units including Compliance, Financial Management, Internal Audit and Integrity and Ethics
- Engage with other MDBs and OECD on complaint handling mechanisms.
Education, Experience & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, law, procurement or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in related field within similar institutions (MDBs) with at least 3 years hands-on experience in project procurement, governance and complaint handling in implementation and 2 years’ experience in the development of procurement procedures based on best practices.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
- Well versed with the project procurement process of MDBs
- Ability to Work with different stakeholders
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Advanced Negotiation Skills.
How to apply
Please follow the link http://www.isdbcareers.com/careers/isdb/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=163637
Deadline: 5 Apr 2023