Chemonics seeks an Inclusive Education Specialist for the anticipated USAID Uzbekistan All Children Succeeding Activity! These positions will be based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The Uzbekistan ACS Activity seeks to improve the learning outcomes of Uzbekistani primary school students by strengthening the capacity of education sector systems to provide quality learning environments with the instruction, materials and support that children need while they are in school, at home, or in the community. Equity and inclusion will serve as core principles of this activity; therefore, interventions will work to address the learning needs of children with disabilities and integrate Universal Design for Learning principles to ensure that approaches reach and support all children. This activity is currently on the USAID business forecast with an anticipated solicitation release date of March 6, 2023. This role will be based full time in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The Inclusive Education Specialist provides technical direction and input across all aspects of activity implementation, including curricula, teacher professional development, community engagement, and systems reform. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical expertise in the disability and gender inclusion space across all project activities.
- Provide guidance in the development of teaching and learning materials that correspond with Universal Design for Learning. Develop teacher development plans centered on disability inclusion in classrooms.
- Identify and partner with disability-focused organizations to collaborate on project activities.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of inclusive education objectives over the life of the project.
- Communicate regularity with COP, DCOP, program staff, and partner subcontractors and stakeholders on all activities related to disability and gender inclusion.
- Act as main point of contract for government focal points for disability and gender inclusion, including at the Ministry of Public Education.
Required qualifications include:
- A Master’s degree in a field relevant to this Activity, or alternatively 6 years of experience in a relevant field in lieu of a master’s degree.
- At least 6 of the years of experience should be in implementing inclusive education activities, which may include teaching and learning material development, assessments, teacher professional development, and systems reform.
- Experience in promoting the rights of people with disabilities and/or of girls’ access to education.
- Experience working closely in partnership with government counterparts, international development agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other collaborators/stakeholders.
- Familiarity with UDL and SEL systems of learning and other core topics centered on students with disabilities.
- Ability to work in and across teams for the implementation of work plans, MEL strategies, and cross-cutting project activities.
- Excellent communication and writing ability in English. Fluency in Russian or Uzbek is required, Uzbek Sign Language beneficial.
How to apply
Applicants should send an EOI with your CV attached to the Uzbekistan All Children Succeeding Activity Proposal Team ([email protected]) by COB March 17. Please include “Inclusive Education Specialist” in the subject line. We also kindly ask that internal applicants specify their availability. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis
Deadline: 17 Mar 2023