Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 3,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
The goal of the USAID Uzbekistan Market Systems Transformed (UMST) Activity is to enhance sustainable and inclusive economic growth by strengthening businesses and the business-enabling environment in targeted sectors, while addressing the barriers faced by women, youth, and underrepresented groups. This Activity has the following specific objectives:
- Objective 1: Reduced barriers to private sector growth in the ICT, tourism, and textiles sectors and green economy sub-sectors.
- Objective 2: Increased private sector investment and access to finance in the ICT, tourism, and textiles sectors and green economy sub-sectors.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks an ICT Sector Lead who will provide technical assistance, partnership management, and implementation oversight to project activities related to the ICT sector.
The USAID UMST Activity is projected for 5 years (September 30, 2023 to September 29, 2028).
This position is located in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Reporting and Supervision
This position will report to the Objective 1 Lead.
- Identify, coordinate, and train Business Advisory Service Providers (BASPs) in the ICT sector to partner with the Activity and ICT partner firms.
- Coordinate with the Market Development Fund Manager to determine the most appropriate means of assistance to help the high-impact SMEs access new markets.
- Foster collaborative public/private partnerships in the ICT sector.
- Serve as the Activity’s ICT point of contact for information & communications technology industry organizations.
- Support data collection and regular progress reporting.
- Work with UMST’s subcontractor to promote digital literacy and digital marketing capacity building.
- Contribute to the development of Annual Work Plans and other Activity deliverables.
- Provide oversight to UMST’s subcontractors and grantees with ICT components.
- Manage and oversee staff as needed.
Key Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, economic development, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in public policy and/or the ICT sector.
- Experience working with senior level public officials and industry managers.
- Experience establishing and strengthening productive and collaborative partnerships with international and local private sector actors.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Advanced communication, planning, organizing, and relationship building skills.
- Fluency in the English language and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong public and private networks in the Uzbek ICT sector.
This application will close on November 9, 2023.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
How to apply
Please apply via this link: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/20489?c=palladium
Closing date: 9 Nov 2023