World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Would you like to change and save lives with the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In 2018, WFP re-established its presence in the Caribbean with an office in Barbados. The WFP Caribbean Multi-Country Office (MCO) supports 22 countries and territories across the English- and Dutch-speaking Caribbean. WFP Caribbean’s capacity strengthening programme focuses on vulnerability analysis and mapping; end-to-end supply chain management; shock-responsive social protection; food systems strengthening; and climate risk financing. In times of crisis, WFP works with partners to provide direct assistance when events surpass national and regional capacities by delivering food, cash or voucher assistance, or through emergency logistics or emergency telecommunications service provision.
To implement the training strategy and act as project lead and main focal point for the design and development of technical trainings. The Instructional Designer will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to develop on-demand training resources and, design and produce learning experiences.’
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Serve as a partner to the business in analyzing information resulting in developing online learning and blended learning deliverables and tools, using WFPs official learning platform (WeLearn), creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Provide advice to multiple stakeholders (Training Team Lead Officer, Training Officer Head of Unit, and participating states) on L&D issues, understanding their needs and providing recommendations that are supported by corporate practices; working closely with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Lead and evaluate analysis to draw conclusions and develop insightful recommendations and solutions for capacity building.
- Serve as a partner to the business in analyzing information, resulting in developing online learning and blended learning deliverables and tools. Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Monitor the accurate and compliant recording of Learning & Development (L&D) data; coordinate and prepare timely statistics and conduct analysis, identifying trends and potential issues, and proposing solutions to stakeholders.
- Lead the production of complex documentation or reports applying an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Forms, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel in order to analyze data using a variety of tools.
- Actively maintain, analyze, and apply knowledge of trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Create supporting material/multimedia (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.) to enhance content material and learning experience.
- Facilitate regional (participating states) training workshops both in person (face to face) and remotely.
- Other duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- An advanced university degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies, Human Resource Management Capability Development, Adult Education, Public or Business Administration Management, or any other relevant field.
- One to two years of postgraduate relevant experience, including demonstrated design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Fluent in oral and written English and have technical writing skills.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Demonstrated experience in working with subject matter experts to build learning programs and performance support tools.
- Solid experience in leveraging learning technology and learning management systems in the design and delivery of learning programs.
- Ability to work with and develop relationships with identified external vendors.
- Work experience in the UN System is desirable.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
Leads by Example with Integrity
- Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards – Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards.
- Respects others and values diversity – Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourages others to do the same.
- Stays focused and calm under pressure – Stays focused and calm when under pressure and encourages others to do the same.
- Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn – Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop.
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
- Delivers results for maximum impact – Holds self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results.
- Delegates appropriately – Delivers results against delegated tasks and seeks guidance and support where needed.
- Adapts readily to change – Responds readily to change adjusting work as needed.
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative
- Is inclusive and collaborative – Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by sharing ideas and openly raising issues.
- Gives timely and constructive feedback – Supports development for others by giving timely. and constructive feedback.
- Builds and shares new perspectives – Listens attentively to others to capture, learn, build and share new perspectives.
Applies Strategic Thinking
- Communicates and fulfils WFP’s vision – Fulfils WFP’s vision and is able to explain how their objectives support the vision.
- Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things – Demonstrates curiosity, and proposes new ways of doing things when relevant.
- Analyses and evaluates data – Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team decision making**.**
- Considers the impact of decisions – Implements decisions and asks questions to understand the impact for wider objectives.
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
- Builds partnerships – Builds partnerships by seeking out opportunities to work with others.
- Collaborates to deliver common objectives – Collaborates with partners by sharing information and working together to deliver common goals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who Can Apply?
This position is open to CARICOM member states and associate members. Bearing in mind the necessities of service and programmatic priorities, this post is open to nationals of the CARICOM member states and associate members.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Type of position: Short Term. Full Time
- Type of Contact: Service Contract Level 8 (SC-8).
- Duration on Contract: 12 months.
- Duty Station: Bridgetown, Barbados.
- Remuneration: The salary for this role starts at BBD 8, 276.65.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The application should be submitted by March 2, 2023, 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgment.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
How to apply
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attach your CV, answer the pre-screening questions and agree on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process that includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Closing date: 2 Mar 2023