About IMPACT AND REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organization manages several initiatives, which includes i) the REACH Initiative aimed at facilitating the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, ii) the PANDA Initiative aimed at directly supporting key aid actors in improving the effectiveness, efficiency, and efficacy of their programmes, and iii) the AGORA Initiative aimed at promoting localised and multi-sectoral aid action in support of the recovery and stabilisation of crisis-affected communities.
The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of Acted and the two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
We are looking for a Logistics and Procurement Intern to join our team in HQ.
Supervisor: IMPACT Senior Logistics Officer
Position:Logistics and Procurement Intern
Contract duration:6 months
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Remuneration: 1’450 CHF gross per month
Starting Date: February 2024
The position aims to provide support to 2 Logistics officers, managing each a geographical portfolio.
The Logistics and Procurement intern is responsible for supporting the procurement (laptops, licenses, etc) and asset management processes of the organisation, as well as the Geneva office management.
Based on these terms of reference and initial briefings, the selected candidate will progressively take on more responsibilities during the internship period, based on performance.
The Logistics and Procurement Intern will be responsible for:
Support to Procurement processes
- Follow up on procurement requests from field/HQ teams (requests from about 25+ countries of intervention centralised through Geneva),
- Support in the consolidation of the procurement files (collection of quotations, consolidation of purchase documents), follow-up of deliveries and communication with suppliers.
- Assist with reviewing the compliance of internal processes with external/donor requirements (competition, transparency, data protection standards, etc).
- Depending on performance, possibly also support the logistical planning of emergency deployments to support a given humanitarian response (e.g. procurement of data collection equipment).
Support to Asset & license management processes
- Update of IMPACT asset management tools (asset follow up).
- Follow up on license attribution requests.
- Management of IMPACT license portfolio.
- [Depending on profile] Support to IT Focal Point for IMPACT IT common requests (setup of newly purchased laptops, technical preparation for one-off events, common management of laptop administration, technical troubleshooting, etc).
Support to Geneva office management
- Review of office supplies stocks and launch procurement processes upon need.
- Communication with HQ suppliers if needed (troubleshooting printers, Internet, etc).
- Welcome visitors, answer phone queries.
- Contribute to induction of new recruits for HQ in terms of HQ-related processes.
- Support to the coordination of logistics for organising events, trainings or meetings.
- Studies related to a relevant field such as International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Research, Economics, Humanitarian Action/Development Studies, or similar.
- Fluency in English, and ideally good working level in French.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Have a basic knowledge of Logistics and procurement processes.
- IT/IS, and/or data science knowledge or understanding is a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in autonomy.
- Dynamic, eagerness to learn and support a team.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, to work under stress and to multitask.
- Interest and/or previous experience in the humanitarian sector and/or donor regulations would be a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- For this position, the internship stipend is 1’450 CHF monthly (before income tax). NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education and experience of staff. A contribution to medical insurance of 450 CHF per month is already included in the salary figure.
- Applicants must hold a valid work permit for Switzerland or be EU/EFTA citizens
- Up to 40% of remote work on a weekly basis
How to apply
Please apply at the following link: Logistics and Procurement Intern | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
Deadline: 25 Feb 2024