ALIMA’S SPIRIT: ALIMA’s purpose is to save lives and provide care for the most vulnerable populations, without any discrimination based on identity, religion, or politics, through actions based on proximity, innovation, and the alliance of organizations and individuals. We act with humanity and impartiality in accordance with universal medical ethics. To gain access to patients, we undertake to act in a neutral and independent manner.
Our CHARTER defines the VALUES and PRINCIPLES of our action:
- Patient First – Patient centered medical care
- Revolutionizing humanitarian medicine through research
- Responsibility and freedom: encourage decision-making by those closest to patients
- Commitment to a dynamic of continuous quality improvement
- Creating a climate of trust among colleagues
- Collective intelligence
- Environmental liability
ALIMA promotes and defends the principles of fundamental human rights. ALIMA has a zero-tolerance approach towards those guilty of acts of gender and sexual violence as well as towards inaction in the face of alleged or proven acts of violence. The protection of those benefiting from and impacted by our intervention is our top priority in everything we do. Everyone collaborating with ALIMA is committed to :
- Respect the charter, the code of conduct, the institutional policies including the policy of protection against abuse of power and sexist and sexual violence, the policy of prevention of corruption and fraud;
- Report any violation of the policies, framework documents, and procedures to a superior, to a referent
CARING – INNOVATING – TOGETHER:
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 7 million patients and today deploys its operations in 12 African countries. In 2020 we developed 67 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflicts, epidemics, and extreme poverty. All of these projects are carried out in support of national authorities through nearly 357 health facilities (including 45 hospitals and 312 health facilities). Whenever possible We work in partnership with local NGOs to ensure that our patients benefit from the best and most relevant expertise wherever it is, whether within their own country or in the rest of the world. In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, we are carrying out operational and clinical research projects, particularly in the field of the fight against malnutrition and viral hemorrhagic fevers.
ALIMA’S TEAM: More than 2000 people are currently working for ALIMA. The field teams, closest to the patients, receive their support from coordination teams generally based in the countries’ capitals. These receive support from the 4 desk teams and the emergency and opening team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working to raise funds and represent ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams working on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERT Health, SOS Doctors / KEOOGO, AMCP, research organizations PACCI, and INSERM, Bordeaux or Copenhagen Universities, the INGO Solidarités International, and many others.
COUNTRIES WHERE WE WORK: Mali, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Niger, Tchad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Guinea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Mauritania.
THE WORK WE DO covers Malnutrition, Maternal Health, Primary Health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Dengue, Lassa Fever), Hospitalization, Emergencies, Gender-Based Violence, Opening / Closing.
PLACE OF WORK :
The position is based in Dakar (Senegal) with 25-30% of the time in the field.
Desk 3 currently operates in 4 countries Ethiopia, Guinea, Nigeria and Sudan, being bilingual english/french is essential
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the job holder will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where the impossibility of providing a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct is found, a declaration of honor will be requested.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
Under the direct supervision of the Desk Programme Manager, you will work closely with the desk team: finance, Hr, Medical, Grants referents and the program manager.
Your technical advisor will be the logistic service responsible and you will develop mission logistics strategies with the logistics coordinators on the mission and help them implement the supply strategy with the supply managers.
MISSIONS AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
You will ensure the logistical support to ALIMA’s missions in desk 3. You propose a relevant and consistent strategy with the programmes and ensure that the logistics department supports the activities with the adequate resources.
You make regular visits to the missions to support and strengthen the logistics services department and mainly the logistic coordinator.
1. Project design and implementation work:
- Within the logistics department, contribute to the development of logistics policies. Ensures compliance and monitoring of these policies within the operations carried out.
- Within the Desk, participate in the definition of operational objectives and provide adequate logistical support to missions.
- Ensure the control, monitoring and evaluation of logistics programmes and activities.
- Ensure adequate emergency preparedness in the countries under its responsibility.
- Ensure the application of ALIMA’s logistics policies.
2. Purchasing management
- In collaboration with the purchasing department, supervise the quality and adequacy of requirements, compliance with schedules, organization of resources and follow-up required.
- Ensure a good quality of supply in compliance with ALIMA logistics procedures.
- Ensure that logistics and supply management tools are applied in all missions and carries out their regular analysis (procurement timetables and supply plans).
- Responsible for the technical validation of logistical means as required;
- Ensure that the mission’s procurement policy allows maximum autonomy for the project.
3. Human resources management
- Contribute to the assessment of the overall HR logistics needs at mission level according to the operations developed.
- Contribute to the recruitment of expatriate logisticians to renew the pool.
- Ensure the empowerment and training of logisticians, possibly during training weeks with the support of the logistics department
4. Security management
- Responsible for providing missions’ support to mitigate the risks taken by teams and for suggesting trainings
- Contribute in conjunction with the Head of Mission and the Head of Programmes, to the regular updating and revision of mission security management tools and share your expertise in security and safety.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
You have successful experiences as Logistics Coordinator on a volume of activity exceeding €1m. If you have experience in a medical intervention context and knowledge of medical logistics it is a plus.
You have a great capacity to identify difficulties, anticipate risks and make recommendations. You have the ability to optimize the position in line with the objectives and resources of the association. You have organizational and negotiation; communication and interpersonal skills. You have competences in training and coaching and are used to lead teams in a multicultural context. You demonstrate agility and flexibility.
You speak French and English (read, written, spoken), apply now !
- Contract term: Open-ended contract
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Salary: 3.000€ net (Indicative), and it depends on the family composition
ALIMA pays for :
● Relocation fees if internationally recruited employee
● Family medical coverage
● Personal and family annual flight tickets if internationally recruited employee
● Children’s school within the limits of the ALIMA Policy
How to apply
To apply, please send your cv and cover letter to our page.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the initial deadline if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + cover letter in PDF format) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encourages to apply***.***
Link for application: [*https://hr.alima.ngo/jobs/detail/9874?utm_campaign=Campagne+d%27offres+&utm_medium=Website&utm_source=relief+web*](https://hr.alima.ngo/jobs/detail/9874?utm_campaign=Campagne+d%27offres+&utm_medium=Website&utm_source=relief+web)
Deadline: 2 Feb 2024