Caritas Czech Republic
I. Information about the position
Name of position: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Contract Period:12 months with the possibility of extension based on funding availability
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Gaziantep, Turkey – with field visits to Aleppo and Idleb Governorates
Start date: March 1, 2023
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities in 27 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services program in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
The core of CCR’s activities focuses on development cooperation and longer-term programming. However, the share of humanitarian and nexus interventions is growing, especially in the sectors of shelter, cash and emergency livelihoods, WASH and health.
CCR is looking for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator who will be responsible for developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities throughout the project cycle. The M&E Coordinator should conduct periodic field visits to Aleppo and Idleb Governorates to build the capacity of CCR’s field monitors and oversee monitoring tasks.
- Improve the design of proposed M&E plan based on the approved project logical framework
- Review proposed performance indicators, propose means of verification and suggest further SMART indicators where necessary
- Following the approved project work plan and timetable, propose the M&E timetable including evaluation milestones
- Contribute to designing baseline assessment and lead field data collection. Draft assessment reports and recommendations
Monitoring and Evaluation of the project:
- Design monitoring tools, perform coding and upload to online platforms
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection including, but not limited to, surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, observation…etc.
- Coordinate field monitors for field data collection. Also, familiarize and train field monitors on the monitoring tools to enhance the quality of collected data and eliminate mistakes
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis, interpret collected data, identify patterns and highlight issues
- Draft assessment reports with highlights of findings (using charts and other presentation methods) and draft recommendations for any issues
- Monthly update the MEAL plan and output tracker of each running project and report to Country Director/CCR HQ.
- Conduct inspection checks of the implementing partner to ensure compliance with the project’s plan and donor requirements
Project Final Evaluation:
- Develop Terms of Reference for outsourced services like final evaluation or market studies and follow up with service provider on the progress and quality of products
- Draft final evaluation reports that will be shared with donors
- Ensure that learned lessons are narrated and shared with relevant departments
- Identify potential success stories in collaboration with programme staff, conduct interviews and draft results
Promote CCR’s accountability mechanisms:
- Promote CCR’s complaints and feedback mechanisms through the distribution of leaflets in project locations, banners in CCR’s offices and online posts
- Promote CCR’s safeguarding policy, anti-fraud and whistleblowing mechanisms and the PSEA standards within the organization and among beneficiaries
- Minimum three years of experience in MEAL, data management and reporting
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, IT or related field
- Proven IT skills including MS Excel and Word, survey software like KoBo Toolbox etc.
- Knowledge of using analytical and presentation software (e.g. Power BI, SPSS) will be an asset
- Experience working with NGOs and demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes of conduct
- Excellent English, Turkish and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Good communication skills, strong community outreach skills, very good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a team
V. What we offer
- Competitive salary depending on the candidate’s profile and performance
- 21 days of vacations per year
- Opportunity to work on an interesting project with high technical requirements and gain valuable experience
How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address [email protected]. The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume. Please type “Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator” in the Subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications are reviewed on a continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023