FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a proposed position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Advisor for the USAID Tajikistan Tuberculosis Bilateral Activity. The position shall be based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Advisor will oversee all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning of the project. S/he will be responsible for the designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems and in communicating the outcomes to stakeholders at multiple levels. S/he will design and implement a monitoring and evaluation system to capture project activity relation data/information at the national level as well as district level. The MERL Advisor will also lead processes to review and analyze global and local evidence to inform the establishment of in country priorities for program and policy action.
- Lead and ensure the quality of all monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management components of the project
- Ensure the integration of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities into all project components
- Oversee/lead the collecting, reporting and analysis of data and information on project activities.
- Ensure timely and complete reporting from in-country executing partners in accordance with approved reporting formats, especially supported health facilities and districts reporting into the national health database and TB reporting formats
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards meeting annual work plan objectives and expected outputs, including selecting progress indicators and monitoring progress in meeting them.
- Assist the Chief of Party in the preparation of work plans and selection of progress indicators, and annual implementation plans, while considering the project’s M&E requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, inception report, ad-hoc technical reports, and success stories for USAID funding in line with the required formats.
- Collect data for the annual M&E plan and use the data to improve project performance.
- Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making.
- Compile information on lessons learned and expertise within and outside the project.
- Participate on behalf of the project in appropriate technical meetings and conferences for knowledge dissemination.
- Provide support to institutional and human capacity building activities at the regional and local levels for project activities.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics or another related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation in developing countries with USAID projects.
- Experience developing M&E plans for tuberculosis programs highly preferred.
- Demonstrated research experience and skills, complemented by experience in collaborating with varying types of partners.
- Extensive knowledge in collaboration, learning, and adapting concepts for health projects required.
- Must be a Tajik national with exceptional communications and presentation skills, fluency in the English, strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to apply
Interested candidate can submit cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Please submit your application by October 15, 2022.