International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 50 countries and in 27 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC is working to set up a new People & Culture (P&C) department to draw together Human Resources (HR), Safeguarding (SG), and Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (GEDI) to integrate our shared objectives into all aspects of our decision making and strategy. More than a joining of distinct teams, the People & Culture Department will help to formulate how employees experience IRC as an organization, and how that experience translates into impact to our clients – those whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict or disaster. IRC’s People & Culture team, currently spanning over 40 countries, supports IRC’s global workforce of approximately 20,000 staff, across a variety of P&C functions and strategic projects.
The People and Culture Manager plays a vital role in supporting the People and Culture department at our Headquarters (HQ). This position provides a combination of transactional and strategic support to the P&C Director, ensuring the effective implementation of P&C policies, procedures, and initiatives. The People and Culture Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, managing employee data and analytics, and assisting in strategic P&C planning. This role contributes to creating a positive workplace culture and ensures compliance with all employment laws and regulations.
- Manage day-to-day P&C transactions and processes for HQ, including but not limited to job description reviews, compensation recommendations, benefits and employee lifecycle changes administration.
- Work closely with people managers to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for all new team members and a standardized offboarding for departing employees (exit interviews, managing the return of IRC property, and ensuring compliance with legal and organizational policies etc)
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of P&C-related documentation and maintain employee records in compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Collaborate with the P&C Director to develop and update policies and procedures as necessary.
- Serve as a reliable source of P&C knowledge in response to employee and/or supervisor requests, ensuring compliance with IRC policies and procedures and applicable labor laws.
Strategic P&C Support:
- Collaborate with the P&C Director in the development and execution of P&C strategies, initiatives, and projects aligned with P&C departmental goals.
- Assist in the implementation of talent management and employee development programs for HQ teams.
- Support managers and employees with performance management processes, including goal setting, performance reviews, and feedback
- Contribute to Gender, Equality, Diversity, and inclusion (GEDI) initiatives to foster an inclusive workplace culture.
- Assist in the planning and execution of employee engagement and well being activities and events for HQ P&C teams.
P&C Data and Analytics:
- Maintain accurate staff records, databases, and systems to ensure data integrity.
- Generate workforce reports and analytics to provide insights into workforce trends, turnover, and other key P&C metrics.
- Assist in the analysis of data to inform strategic P&C decision-making and planning.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Director, Global HQ People & Culture
Position works in collaboration with: Sr. HR Associate**,** HR Partners, HR Directors,HR Project & Delivery Manager**,** HQ clients; HR colleagues in Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management and Operations; Finance and other HQ teams.
Development Value for You:
- Deepened understanding of global humanitarian aid, relief, and development sector
- Significant global exposure to implementing large, complex transformational change efforts
- Deepen HR knowledge and expertise of international HR and learn about labor laws and contexts across multiple countries and regions
- At least 5 years of experience in an HR support function or Client Service role with outstanding capabilities in MS Excel. Experience in Workday or similar HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
- Experience in a large, global, matrixed organization and/or within a non-profit setting is a plus
- In depth knowledge of HR concepts, and the ability to ramp quickly on new topics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record and fulfillment in operating with a client service approach, and building and fostering positive working relationships; highly resourceful
- High data analytics skills and ability to use basic data outputs to tell a high-level story
- Sensitive to and have a solid understanding of Gender Equality concepts and their impact on HR practices
- Self-motivated, ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve independently
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resilience in working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to build and foster an effective and positive working relationships with colleagues and internal clients
- Outstanding capabilities in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Workday and applicant tracking systems a plus
- Ability and commitment to the highest ethical standards including maintaining the confidentiality
- Standard office work environment and eligible for remote work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US and UK-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
The IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. All US employees are eligible for sick time, a 403b retirement savings plans: up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus an 3-7% additional IRC contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
In addition, full-time employees are eligible for 10 US paid holidays, 20-25 paid time off days, disability & life insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee contribution starting at $135, $7, and $5 per month respectively) and FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs. Part-time employees are eligible for a proportionate amount of paid time off. These additional benefits apply to employees who work at least 6 months within a 12 month time period.
How to apply
Deadline: 17 Jun 2024