International Organization for Migration
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Coordination Office for the Mediterranean and Chief of Mission in Italy and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for providing procurement support to the Mission in accordance with the IOM policies and procedures and in close cooperation with the Procurement Associate.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Assist in monitoring and maintaining the Mission’s assets to preserve the operational capacity of the Mission and its equipment;
· Assist in labelling assets as per IOM standards and in performing the year-end stocktake of IOM assets;
· Support in maintaining office inventory and assist with management of goods / fixed assets
· Provide clerical assistance for the renewal of insurance policies for assets and premises.
· Assist in monitoring that the PRs are duly acquired in the relevant projects managed at IOM Italy and IOM Malta;
· Follow up with vendors and suppliers for the timely delivery of goods/services purchased in accordance to IOM procurement policies and procedures and check that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the Purchase Order (PO) and/or Service Agreement (SA);
· Assist in monitoring the status of open requisitions and follow up on the timely delivery of goods and services; upon delivery, coordinate with the receiving unit to obtain satisfactory delivery notes;
· Support in conducting market surveys to identify potential new suppliers/service providers; participate in their evaluation regarding quality, prices and services in line with the organization’s best interests;
· Perform any their duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· High school diploma with three years of relevant experience; or,
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields from an accredited institution with one year of relevant professional experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
· Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
· Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things;
· Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers;
· Experience with asset management process.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines;
· Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
· Fluency in Italian and English is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
· Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Italy will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 12 December 2023 at 23:59 (CET – Rome time), including the following documents:
a) CV or PHF
b) Cover Letter
c) Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (Page 5)
The reference code VN 2023 44 Procurement Clerk_SURNAME Name must be clearly indicated in the e-mail subject otherwise the application will not be correctly routed.
You can read the VN here.
Candidates who do not possess the above requested qualifications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, soon after the closing of the Vacancy.
Deadline: 12 Dec 2023