Access Aid Foundation
ROLE OVERALL SCOPE:
The Program Manager is responsible for the direct oversight and overall management of AAF’s humanitarian projects in the whole of Ukraine. The PM supports the program response and the support teams by providing information on the progress of the programmatic interventions, providing direction to individual program officers on their projects and ensuring a multi-sectoral and/or integrated approach across programs where feasible.
The post-holder will take part in developing the response strategy and identification of the necessary resources for the response. In coordination with the support teams and programs advisor, the PM will support Program officers to incorporate the relevant thematic advisory to provide appropriate design, training and MEAL functions for programming in Ukraine. The PM will establish working relations with other agencies, looking for opportunities for partnership and fundraising with donors to ensure resources are made available to the response.
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Program Manager will:
- Ensure the planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation and sets targets as included in the project description.
- Guarantee efficient financial management for the project in compliance with AAF’s model and donor regulations.
- Team management and project integration assurance for teams working at the targeted health facilities, mobile units, and centers in order to guarantee project quality as per required standards.
- Deliver quality reports for donors, authorities, and AAFs in good quality and timely manner, including the findings in terms of impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the project.
- Ensure proper planning of the activities to be implemented:
- Liaise with the admin-fin department to secure proper staff recruitment and regularly update HR files
- Prepare and organize training for volunteers and team members
- Organize and conduct project kick-off and presentation/sharing of the project with teams
- Prepare and regularly review a detailed activity plan with the team
- Verify the targeting and selection of the beneficiaries
- Permanent on-job coaching of teams to work on quality in delivery
- Ensure security monitoring for teams’ daily movement and report incidents/concerns in a proactive manner to the Head of Mission and Security Focal Point
Financial management and procurement:
- Prepare, monitor, and implement financial and procurement plan
- Prepare weekly liquidity plan
- Verify and approve all purchases/contracts and budget line allocations
- Verify on a weekly basis the book-keeping entries in the AAFs accounting spreadsheets: verify budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery, and the financial plan for the remainder project implementation period, in coordination with the finance department
- Ensure for all purchases/contracts of goods/services/supplies the correct AAF procurement guidelines are applied and properly documented (also for the procedures applied by the municipalities), in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department
- Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness
Manage team and provide relevant capacity building and on-job coaching to the project team:
- Manage and evaluate the performance of the project staff directly managed and ensure that evaluation procedures are implemented for the rest of the team
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the team to review the planning and discuss the main concerns to focus on for the upcoming period
- Ensure the use of correct/relevant forms for assessments and reporting by the team
- Undertake (if the security situation allows) field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision to the team and to monitor the progress and quality of the different project activities.
- Ensure teams respect AAFs rules and guidelines to the mission and adhere to AAFs code of conduct and charter of values
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Ensure monitoring and verification for the targeting of beneficiaries, also through ad-hoc monitoring tools and field visit
- Ensure full accountability to the beneficiaries
- Ensure quality reporting on achievements against weekly and monthly performance reports containing clear quantitative and qualitative information related to the activities.
- Secure weekly and monthly reporting per team and compile, review and analyze reports on monthly bases to be reflected in AAF’ PAT reporting tool
- Hold final responsibility for all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents
- Deliver regular communication products (including pictures) on the project to be used by the AAF communication department in different outlets
Coordination and representation:
- Attend the relevant cluster meetings and ensure timely reporting of highlights to the Program Coordinator and Technical Coordinators.
- Ensure regular updates to donor representatives in coordination with the Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate with relevant line ministries and local authorities for the implementation of the project.
- Support AAF with the implementation of the Country Strategy, in particular for the development of specific and detailed sector strategies.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in the humanitarian related field (international relations, social studies, IHL, IHRL)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at a similar position in a humanitarian context required
- Previous experience in an actively hostile environment is highly desirable
- Strong and proven understanding of the humanitarian operating context, donors, security, and financial management in the humanitarian context
- Strong knowledge of institutional donor procedures
- Very strong skills in computer (excel) and admin/finance procedures
- Knowledge of the regional coordination mechanism
- Proven experience in the management of UN funds is a plus.
- Risk management knowledge is an asset
- Ability to define country and program strategies
- Ability to administrate funds, logistics, and human resources
- Previous proven experience in proposal writing from secondary data is an asset
- Knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian is highly desirable
- Organization skills, delegation, and empowerment approach of the supervised team
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and agility
- High resilience to stress
How to apply
Applications including an updated CV in English should be submitted to:
[email protected] before the 24th of December 2022.
- Please, include in your e-mail the subject line “Program Manager-Ukraine”.
- Any email without this subject line will not be considered.
- Submit your CV in PDF format.
- salary expectation to be mentioned in the email.
CVS after the deadline will not be considered. Only complete applications will be reviewed and contacted.
Stay tuned for further job opportunities by following AAF on Facebook & LinkedIn.
Closing date: 24 Dec 2022