Duke University (Duke) is a U.S. research university located in Durham, North Carolina which is consistently included among the best and most innovative universities in the world. To extend its mission globally, Duke engages the support of entities around the world, including Duke Global Inc.- Kenya (DGI-Kenya), a Duke controlled affiliate that is registered to operate in Kenya.
DGI-Kenya relies upon Preferred Personnel Africa (“PPA”), a third-party human resources solutions company, to employ those who render effort for DGI-Kenya. The Research Associate will be a PPA employee, reporting to the Regional Director, Africa, dispatched to support Duke as provided for herein. A part of Duke, Duke Global Health Innovation Center (Duke GHIC), and its partner organization, Innovations in Healthcare (IiH), seek a Research Associate to support the knowledge and research agenda for a portfolio of high-profile, externally-funded programs. The Research Associate, based in Nairobi, Kenya, will be a Kenyan national, and will be responsible for conducting complex research activities, including planning, organizing, and communicating on research studies related to global health innovation and health equity.
The holder of this role will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Knowledge, Research and Evaluation Leadership (70%) – Support the overall knowledge and research initiatives for the various projects. Collaborate on the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments and contribute to piloting and implementation of the collection of a range of data types. Evaluate and interpret collected data. Represent the team in collaborations and meetings and provide domain-specific expertise to senior-level leaders.
- Program Administration (Coordination, Oversight and Mentoring) (30%) – Develop and implement work plans, timelines, and reporting to ensure that the project is successfully executed. Supervise and manage the efforts of interns and research associates. Oversee ethical approvals, registrations, and compliance of studies involving human subjects research and data.
Experience and education required for this role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. public health or global health). A Master’s degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in research/data analysis or a related position is required, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- An effective project manager within cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledgeable in global health, vaccines, biopharma, and/or epidemiology.
- Experience in the development and implementation of field activities in a low-income country setting.
- Demonstrated success managing multi-partner studies, and authorship on published reports, blogs, conference abstracts, and peer-reviewed papers is highly desirable.
Further details of this role are detailed in the job description, which you can download from the following link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QxRRrA17lhJt2cPJz-0deQXNYYsotJ-y/view?usp=sharing). If you have any issues downloading the job description, kindly reach out to [email protected].
How to apply
This recruitment is supported by Preferred Personnel Africa (www.preferredpersonnel.co.ke), a recruitment and outsourcing provider that has been in operation for the past 25 years.
To apply for this role; kindly share a copy of an up-to-date CV to the following email address – [email protected] , with the subject ‘Application for Research Associate’.
If interested, send your application by Thursday 18th August, 2022, any applications received past this date will not be considered.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Closing date: 18-Aug-22