Syrian Network for Human Rights
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Researcher in Violations Documenting to join our team. As a Researcher, you will collect and analyze information related to human rights violations, document the findings, and present the information clearly and concisely.
In this role, you will work closely with the research team and other stakeholders to investigate and document violations of human rights, including but not limited to violations against women, children, refugees, and other vulnerable populations. You will also be responsible for monitoring and analyzing trends and patterns related to human rights violations and providing recommendations for action.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on human rights violations, including collecting and analyzing data and conducting interviews
- Document and organize findings clearly and concisely, including writing reports and creating presentations
- Monitor and analyze trends and patterns related to human rights violations
- Provide recommendations for action based on research findings
- Collaborate with the research team and other stakeholders to ensure the accuracy and relevance of research findings
- Stay up-to-date with current events, trends, and best practices related to human rights violations documenting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human rights, social sciences, international law, or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in violations documenting and human rights research
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis tools
- Knowledge of international law, human rights standards, and global issues related to human rights violations
- Arabic is a must.
- Online-based work environment combined with some travel.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: SNHR is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can show that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Anti-terror check: SNHR conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.
How to apply
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to the following email: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is: OCT, 31st 2023
Any published closing dates are estimated. We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, which may be before the published closing date. We advise interested applicants to apply as early as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.