Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Following Taleban takeover of power in August 2021, the cumulative effects of the conflict, international sanctions and the economic crisis, recurrent drought and Covid has led to one of the world’s most severe humanitarian crises. In view of this situation, MdM has decided to reopen its mission in the country to contribute to the humanitarian efforts to alleviate the suffering of the Afghan people.
A first contact mission has been sent late November 2021 to evaluate the feasibility of an intervention under the de facto authorities. The result of this first contact being positive, it has been decided to send an exploration team to further assess needs and define an operational strategy. MdM is now launching the third phase of its deployment in Afghanistan by recruiting the expatriate team that will be in charge of finalizing the mission opening, rolling out policies and launching activities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the context of the mission opening and under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the security pack and the monitoring and control of the safety and security of people, goods of Médecins du Monde (MdM) programs. You guarantee the good practice of MdM policy on the subject. You will have to improve contextual analysis, build a network, support operational management and strengthen the security capacities of the mission to advise and support the general coordinator (who remains the primary person responsible for security in the country) in that regard.
More specifically, your main responsibilities are the following:
- Provide to the general coordinator valuable information and recommendations (context analysis) to make appropriate operational decisions
- Support the general coordinator on crisis management and the decision-making process
- Lead the update, roll out and supervise the implementation of MdM security package
- Conduct training and capacity building to MdM team
- Network and link with INSO, HAG, NGOs, authorities and other key stakeholders on security to improve security monitoring and analysis
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Contract
- Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date: 15/10/2022
- Gross monthly salary: 2940 euros
- Based in Kabul with regular field visits
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Significative experience on a similar position and in a mission opening context
- Knowledge of security management methodologies and tools for humanitarian missions
- Familiarity with the Afghanistan context could be an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines
- Ability to make effective decisions according to the context
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to analyse, conceptualize and plan
- Ability to create and conduct security trainings
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation and adaptability
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of tracking and mapping mobile applications, VHF radio system setup and training of users, data protection methods, mapping softwares: ArcGIS QGIS or any other mapping tool
Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JHoOhESE?idpartenaire=128
Closing date: 11/22/2022