Land O'Lakes Venture37
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs, and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented integrated dairy, livestock, and crop development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating a lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart.
The Senior Grants and Procurement Specialist will join the Contracts and Compliance team at Land O’Lakes Venture37 and be responsible for excellent grants and contract management and record-keeping. She/he will work with colleagues based in Minnesota and Washington, D.C. as well as our project offices in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East to ensure grants and procurements are made in line with organizational processes and documented correctly. This entails training, monitoring, and regularly following-up with our staff as well as a commitment to, and enthusiasm for, keeping quality organizational records using our awards management system database.
With support from the Contracts and Compliance team, the Senior Grants and Procurement Specialist will communicate with our US government and private foundation donors on compliance matters accurately and precisely and provide guidance to our project teams on compliance questions as needed. The position can be based either in Arden Hills, Minnesota or the Washington, D.C. Metro area.
- Ensure all agreements comply with donor rules and regulations including the Uniform Guidance at 2 CFR 200.
- Ensure all subawards and contracts contain the necessary provisions
- Serve as point of contact for compliance inquiries for a portfolio of funding agreements.
- Review new contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements for accuracy.
- Become an expert user of the awards management system, Cobblestone and serve as focal point for Cobblestone optimization initiative
- Configure and maintain the awards management system database and train colleagues to use it.
- Train operational and technical staff on compliance requirements.
- Monitor and reinforce the processes our field-based projects use to issue grants and purchase goods and services.
- Collaborate with the Contracts and Compliance team to periodically review and refine these business processes to deliver best value and maximize impact.
- Collaborate with field-based project teams to draft subaward agreements and service contracts.
- Communicate with donors on compliance matters.
- Report accurately and on-time to donors through FSRS online system when required.
- Set up new tailored contract templates in Cobblestone for new funding agreements.
- Provide guidance on subaward and contract closeouts.
- Periodically provide project management support.
- Maintain excellent records. Up to 5% international travel.
Required Experience/Knowledge (to be able to perform this job):
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of contract management experience.
- At least three to five years of prior grants and procurement management experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to generate risk-based solutions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of and ability to adopt industry best practices to enhance organizational checks and balances to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate with colleagues and external parties in a professional and succinct manner.
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Word, MS Access or other computer database).
- Prior experience with USAID, USDA or international development programming and practices
- Experience working on an automated grants management system or other database
How to apply
Submit a copy of most updated resume and cover letter to https://careers.landolakesinc.com/us/en/job/R-24492/Senior-Grants-and-Procurement-Specialist
Closing date: 2-Jan-23