FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is in search of candidates for six (6) Site Research Coordinators for HIVST Demonstration Study under a short-term work consultancy engagement statusto join the USAID’s Epic project in the Philippines.
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
EpiC is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case finding, prevention, treatment programming and viral load (VL) suppression among key populations (KPs) and priority populations (PPs). In the Philippines, EpiC will work in Mega Manila to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among KPs in the Philippines and build capacity of local, community based KP organizations and work closely with the government of the Philippines to deliver HIV services tailored to the needs of KPs. In addition to the activities mentioned above, EpiC Philippines will focus on expanding HIV case finding in the community, expansion of PrEP and treatment initiation, adherence, and retention support for people living with HIV (PLHIV), with a focus on select key population groups.
In order to address the first 95, which is focused on case finding and status awareness, EpiC will be conducting a study on HIV self-testing (HIVST), particularly on the use of oral fluid-based HIV test kits. EpiC Philippines aims to find evidence through this study, that the inclusion of an oral fluid-based self-testing kit is a suitable alternative to blood-based testing that is acceptable and feasible for local key populations. To this end, Site Implementing Coordinators will be needed by the research team, who will be responsible in conducting research related activities in the partner sites and reporting to the EpiC research team.
Detailed Description of Tasks to be Performed:
The Site Data Coordinator will take the lead in conducting research related activities in each site such as but not limited to data collection, monitoring compliance to the study protocol, ensuring the protection of study participants and reporting of data to the lead investigators.
- Oversee the conduct of research related activities in study sites such as but not limited to orientation of clinic/CBO staff to the SOP for the study.
- Coordinates with lead and co-investigators, and other research staff
- Schedules and oversees research-related community outreach activities
- Guide and assist in research participant recruitment and data collection
- Ensures compliance to the study protocol
- Protection of study participants
- Recording and reporting of data collected
- Reporting of protocol deviation and or adverse events
- Attends activities organized and/or sponsored by EpiC Philippines relative to the study
- Proficiency and experience in national HIV testing protocols operations related to HIV diagnosis and care.
- Proficiency in HIV testing procedures and community-based screening
- Data collection, encoding, and quality assurance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and oral Filipino and English
- Fluency in any language or dialect of Region 3, Region 4A, or NCR is an advantage.
Required Education/Job Experience:
- Graduate of a four year course in health or allied health
- Prior experience in coordinating data collection and or overseeing research operations is required
- Minimum one year of experience in conducting community-based HIV screening in the Philippines is preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of the country’s HIV epidemic
- Prior orientation in SOGIE and motivational counselling is preferred
- Prior experience as a member of the investigative team for a published study, preferably in health or HIV-related projects, is preferred
How to apply
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume directly to [email protected] in single pdf file on or before December 15, 2023 following the heading format in the subject title/line:
FHI360- EPIC HIV-Position Applied For -Last Name of Applicant
(Example: FHI360- EPIC HIV –Site Research Coor- Cruz).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Deadline: 15 Dec 2023