The State Citizen Engagement and Capacity Building Specialist will support the planning and implementation of the State2State Objective 2’s interventions including advocacy, forums, oversight, engagement, and capacity building and ensure the advocacy and or oversight of interventions in Ebonyi State. S/he will also address gaps in capacity of priority partner ministries, departments & agencies (MDAs) and CSOs, through range of technical assistance, mentoring and peer learning, ensuring sustainable capacity for implementing reforms in each of the states.
The State Citizen Engagement and Capacity Building Specialist will work under the technical guidance of the State2State Citizen Engagement and CSO Director, and the Capacity Building Advisor and under the administrative supervision of the State2State State Team Lead (STL), the State2State Advisory team at the Abuja Main Office (AMO) and partner organizations in the partner state to ensure effective design, planning, implementation and reporting of all the objective 2’s and capacity building’s interventions in each of the three states. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of the annual work plan and preparation of periodic program reports. S/he will facilitate, coordinate, track and report on the engagement of citizens in all components of State2State’s governance/ public financial management and core activities of priority sectors (basic education, primary health care and WASH); strengthen individual and institutional capacities of priority MDAs and citizens/CSOs for good governance reforms, ensuring sustainable skills’ building and knowledge application. S/he will also support the state government and respective Steering Committees in the implementation of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) initiative. S/he will carry out any other function(s) as may be assigned by her/his supervisors, Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party.
Reporting: The State Citizen Engagement and Capacity Building Specialist will report to the Citizen Engagement & CSO Director as his/her primary technical supervisor and administratively to the State Team Lead as his/her secondary supervisor**.**
- A relevant degree or HND in social sciences, development studies, etc. Master’s degree preferable.
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in a successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to governance activities under a USG instrument, building technical and organizational capacity of CSOs in areas advocacy planning and engagement of government and stakeholders.
- Stated experience in working for or with civil society to drive a reform agenda
- Stated experience in community mobilization and civic engagement.
- Stated experience using facilitative, participatory approaches to organizational and technical capacity development.
- Demonstrated effective training, capacity building and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Strong skill set in reporting, monitoring, and evaluation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of a local language in the state would be an advantage Previous experience and familiarity and working in governance, citizen engagement and any of the Activity’s priority sector of education, health and WASH in the state will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Note: This is a local hire position only for Nigerian Cooperating Country Nationals (CCNs).
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link to apply on or before the close of work on February 2, 2024.
Note: Applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 2 Feb 2024