Desired start date: 11/10/2022 Duration of the mission: Location: Syria Mission, Raqqa (NES) (based in Raqqa Governorate)
ABOUT THE MISSION
There are 3 implementing offices in Syria (2 in North East, 1 in North West) with the coordination in Amman. The total budget for 2022 is approximately of 25 million EUR. The mission has now reached a number of approximately 43 expatriates and 272 national employees (9 expatriates and 82 national employees in Raqqa- itself).
Type and content of program
Syria mission is dedicated to work on Raqqa responding to the Cholera outbreak that has been initially diagnosed and formed in early September 2022.
The main current activities are related to:
- WASH response(prevention) (water distribution, Disinfection, hygiene promotion) in IDP settlements, Villages and inside the town.- intervention area can be enlarged based on how the case will propagate
- Distribution of essential in Cholera kit for vulnerable populations.
- Managing Rapid response team which will be deployed part of the emergency response
The program includes a great part as well of more “ Cholera Emergency” activities:
- Water stations and network rehabilitations,
- Cholera kit distribution
- Disinfection of WASH facilities
- Hygiene promotion
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the line management of the WASH program manager, with the and in close collaboration with support departments and MEAL Manager, and in coordination with other PMs, the position holder will be responsible:
- To set up and implement the project in the area of intervention as per project proposal (elaborate the Standard Operation Procedures for the project, identification of beneficiaries, identification of project locations, undertake market assessments and participate to multi-sector assessments, ensure distribution of Cholera kits, Hygiene promotion and water scheme rehabilitation
- To ensure the continuous monitoring of the project activity is implemented and recommendations applied, in close collaboration with MEAL team and under the supervision of the PM;
- To build the capacity of key staff members and field team Including DW and officers.
- To appropriately report on the project progress, issues met and solutions
- To implement and achieve the objectives defined in the operation proposals.
- To guarantee the quality of the distributions, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Relevance, quality and design of project activities
- Projects implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Reporting / coordination / communication / representation
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Actively engage and support procurement process, prepare specification and BoQ
- Lead Cholera Rapid Response teams and start implementation in the field
- In coordination with MEAL team support for Rapid need assessment
- Identify gaps and optimize space in the warehouse and Cholera kits distribution
- Reorganize and build capacity of the Cholera response team.
Specific stakes and challenges:
- Access conditions can be erratic and it is paramount that field-based staff members are appropriately managed and trained to act according to potential international staff access constraints
- Plan and oversee the implementation of Distributions. that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Plan the Distributions with the support Departments (administrative, Logistics), according to objectives
- Use management, activity, results, and context monitoring tools
Specific skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of direct experience distribution, emergency programming ; Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Rigorous and methodological approach to project management
- Proactive anticipating various risk and well organized
- Good interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Ability to operate safely and effectively in a security sensitive environment
- Experience in delivering training and staff capacity building
Supervisors and Officers, to be confirmed.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position According to experience, starting from EUR 1 870 gross / per month (1 700 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance, paid monthly); and a Per Diem of USD 750 / per month. SI covers both the accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s residency and the field.
Breaks During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. SI provides a USD 850 break allowance for each breaks.
For example, for a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have 7 working days off at 3, 6 and 9 month.
In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional monthly rest day / per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Insurances Expatriates benefit from an insurance package, which includes all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The candidate will be based in North East Syria at the main Raqqa office or in, and will also be required to working closer to the field when operational during the week. She/He will live in the SI guesthouse(s). In and AL Raqqa, living conditions are comfortable with some few opportunities and places to socialize.
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note the vacancy may close before the deadline.
For more information about SI, please consult our website.
How to apply