Peace Paradigms Organization
Peace Paradigms Org. (PPO) is a private consulting company, established to deliver context-specific solutions for peacebuilding actors to achieve holistic and effective conflict mitigation and prevention efforts.
Our work is guided by three core values:
NEUTRALITY: The path towards positive peace is a collective one. We do not side with any actor or agenda and believe the unbiased inclusion of all actors is key to build peace. We trust that all parties to conflict can become peace actors.
ADAPTABILITY: In ever-changing contexts altered by complex dynamics, there is no “one size fits all”. To improve the relevance and the effectiveness of peacebuilding efforts, we believe that community and policy responses need to be driven and informed by localized realities.
HARMONY: The journey to peace needs to be reflective of its end goal. We work collaboratively by bringing together all relevant stakeholders and harmonize peacebuilding efforts with the community needs in order to achieve long-standing societal agreement, wellbeing and ability to coexist by choice.
We strive to achieve the following objectives:
- To effectively contribute and influence local and national level policy making in Iraq, to be informed by and responsive to community needs and to address the drivers of conflicts at the national and sub-national levels.
- To increase the impact and effectiveness of peacebuilding interventions in the MENA region through context-informed technical support to peacebuilding actors.
- To increase the organizational and technical knowledge and capacity of local and international actorsto enhance the design and implementation of programming that supports positive peace.
- To inform peacebuilding actors in order to streamline funding, strategies, and interventions in Iraq, as well as to highlight success and lessons learned.
- To achieve thematic and institutional credibility both internally and externally.
In cooperation with GIZ’s Restoration of Peace, Livelihoods and Economic Cycles in Anbar project (RePLECA), our consortium- composed of IBF International Consulting (IBF) and Peace Paradigms Org. (PPO) are implementing a project entitled “Organizational Development and Capacity Development for Peace Infrastructures in Anbar, Iraq” that aims to support social reconstruction by improving the organizational basis for peaceful participation and decision-making processes in Ramadi, Fallujah and Heet Districts in Al Anbar Governorate of Iraq. To reach this objective, the project will focus on four main work-packages:
1) Developing and validating a detailed needs-based implementation design
2) Organizational Development support for Peace Infrastructures in Anbar
3) Human Capacity Development for Peace Infrastructure in Anbar to promote inclusive and peaceful coexistence
4) Communication and Outreach.
The targeted beneficiaries – Peace Infrastructures – in this project are of three types: three Local Peace Committees (LPCs) in Ramadi, Fallujah and Heet Districts, the Central Reconciliation Committee (CRC) in Anbar and four selected CSOs operating in the three targeted districts.
The Project Team is comprised of five local experts, as well as a pool of national and international non-key experts to be hired on need-basis.
Purpose of Hiring
PPO is hiring a full-time, highly dedicated and motivated Team Leader to lead the implementation of the project “Organizational Development and Capacity Development for Peace Infrastructures in Anbar, Iraq” and achieve its desired outcomes in accordance with the project’s contractual and programmatic requirements.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of the work packages of the project.
- Administer the pool of short-term experts and guide their deployment upon need.
- Ensuring the quality and adequateness of the project’s services on organisational and capacity development as well as mentoring, in close interaction with RePLECA programme staff, particularly with the peacebuilding team.
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality, do-no- harm, conflict sensitivity in implementation design).
- Providing international state-of-the-art recommendations and input on peacebuilding and local peace infrastructure.
- Staff management, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts.
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out.
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines.
- Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible for the commission at GIZ.
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase.
- Suggest innovative plans and processes to improve project functions.
- Develop work systems and processes that effectively drive productivity.
- Oversee and manage project risks and challenges in close coordination with the Head of Programs.
- Work closely with the Head of Programs and the Sr. Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to ensure high-level documentation of success stories, lessons learned, and best practices generated as a result of project implementation.
How to apply
Key Qualifications & Skills
1. Education/training: post-graduate university qualification.
2. Language: Excellent English skills (C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), good Arabic skills (B2).
3. Professional experience:
- 8 years of professional experience in the Development, Peacebuilding or Humanitarian sector or international cooperation.
- 5 years in designing and implementing peacebuilding or dialogue processes in fragile contexts.
- 3 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company.
- 5 years of work experience in the Middle East region, of which 2 years in Iraq.
- 3 years of experience working on Development Cooperation
Position Title : Team Leader
Duty Station : Baghdad, Iraq, with frequent missions to Anbar Governorate
Appointment Type : Full-Time
Starting Date : ASAP
Contract Length : 12 Months, renewable
Reporting to : Head of Programs
How to Apply
Please send your up-to-date CV with a job-oriented cover letter to the following email address, before March 30th, 2023, to [email protected] with the following subject line: Team Leader position- RePLECA.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023