Chemonics seeks multiple technical advisors for the anticipated USAID-funded Sahel Regional Resilience Activity (SRR) in Burkina Faso, Chad, The Gambia, and Mauritania. SRR seeks to improve the ability of individuals, households, and communities in the Sahel to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from perennial shocks and stresses. USAID envisions multiple awards under a singular mechanism with an emphasis on local partnership and potential transition awards to local partners.
We are seeking a range of technical advisors, based in Burkina Faso, in areas related to resilience programming, for consideration:
- Food security
- Agricultural production
- Market systems development
- Gender and youth integration
- Social behavior change strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, agricultural production, economics, health/nutrition, or another field related to SRR technical specialist areas listed above; advanced professional degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of progressively responsible work experience managing, implementing and/or advising resilience programming in one of the following areas: food security, agricultural production, market systems development, WASH, gender and youth integration, nutrition, and social behavior change strategies with at least four of those years working in Sahelian countries in public or private settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including the U.S. government, relevant government ministries, and representatives of NGOs
- Previous experience on USAID-funded activities, including designing or implementing resilience strengthening activities in Sahelian countries, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated a positive working relationship with USAID, including knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Excellent ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in conflict environments with an aptitude to pivot as required by a shifting security situation
- Demonstrated ethical leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Professional fluency in French required, fluency in English highly preferred. Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject line: “Last name_first name_SRR_TECHNICAL_SPECIALTY_AREA” by January 30th, 2024. The “technical specialty area” that is noted in the email subject should come from the list above. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.