ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Program Manager for Asia, the Senior Program Officer (SPO) will lead the implementation of assigned programs in Thailand to ensure the timely delivery of activities, coordination with relevant stakeholders, and timely reporting to donors. The SPO will work closely with Internews’ regional office team in Bangkok, the Asia Program Management Unit (PMU), and Internews’ global technology team to facilitate the implementation of programs. The Senior Program Officer will serve as Internews’ primary representative for two programs in Thailand and liaise with Internews’ partners and other stakeholders to support program implementation and business development for Internews’ work in Thailand. Candidates with programmatic and technical experience in media and civil society development, digital rights, and network building are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Internews has a field office in Bangkok, Thailand which supports a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office or partially remote. Ultimately this position may work remotely from Thailand, partially remote from our Bangkok office, or fully in-office for candidates based in the Bangkok area.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired
Note: Hiring is contingent upon receipt of funding.
This is a limited term position with an anticipated end date in August 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates should apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Manage planning, implementation, and reporting on assigned projects in coordination with the Program Manager for Asia;
- Responsible for timely execution of project activities;
- Liaise with Internews’ implementation partners on program implementation;
- Liaise with donors in-country as delegated;
- Liaise with Internews’ technical experts and consultants on programs, research, and training content;
- Provide technical support to program beneficiaries and partners depending on experience;
- Facilitate the establishment and cultivation of a digital rights network in Thailand;
- Identify in-country contractors and trainers to support activities implementation;
- Monitor progress of project activities in line with set monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Coordinate project assessments, surveys, and monitoring and evaluation of activities as needed;
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders in the media, civil society, and the international development community;
- Produce weekly reports outlining news, operational and programmatic updates;
- Lead on or contribute to donor reporting requirements;
- Support in the design of and development of business development opportunities for new programs;
- Assist in timely collection of information as requested and in line with donor reporting requirements;
- Coordinate with the Programs Coordinator and finance team to ensure collection of necessary financial documents and adherence to donor financial requirements;
- Manage administrative tasks per project timelines;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years of program management experience in civil society or media development organizations.
- Experience in reports and proposal writing and a good understanding of project management and monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Has knowledge/understanding of surveillance, privacy and data protection, especially with a focus on policies and laws.
- Relevant university degree.
- Professional-level verbal and written English language skills are required.
- Fluency in Thai language is required.
- Legally authorized to live and work in Thailand.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with US Government-funded programs is preferred.
- Technical knowledge in digital rights, civil society and media capacity building, multi-stakeholder coordination, and network building is preferred.
- Experience with research & writing in English is preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.