International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
The IRC seeks a Website Administrator who will support country program teams in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda in the implementation of the IKEA Foundation funded Re:Build Program. Re:Build is a five year, 30 million Euro program that aims to support refugee and host communities to achieve economic self-reliance through supporting (1) Access to sustainable livelihoods and (2) Ensuring that strong markets and effective and responsive city services are accessible to all. The Web Administrator will report to the Communications Manager and has responsibility in a wide range of administrative tasks, including designing, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Re:Build website. The Web Administrator is also responsible for creating and updating content, implementing security protocols, creating backups, sorting out software issues.
• Creates and maintains the Re:Build website in collaboration with web developers.
• Reviews web content, links, and design; provides necessary updates and enhancements in a timely manner.
• Identifies useful site performance metrics; collects, tracks, records, compiles, analyzes, and reports site usage data
• Conducts user testing and use analysis to assess usability and effectiveness of site; recommends improvements based on analysis.
• Monitors site security: reports suspected or actual security breaches and denial of service attacks to appropriate staff.
• Implements appropriate security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
• Manages internet and/or intranet infrastructure including but not limited to web, file transfer protocol (FTP), mail servers, and news.
• Discusses, analyzes, reviews, and resolves usability issues in conjunction with website development teams.
• Communicates with site visitors and users regarding site updates, anticipated and unanticipated downtime, and resolution of bugs and outages.
• Drafts, documents, and implements backup, recovery, and business continuity plans.
• Maintains knowledge and expertise in web design and development; participates in professional conferences, workshops, and groups.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Communications Manager.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology Computer Science, Business, Web Development
• At least three years of related experience highly preferred.
• Thorough understanding of website design and administration.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Fluency with markup and programming languages including HTML, XML, Java, and CSS.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Diversity Equality, and Inclusion (DEI), Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Narrowing the Gender Gap: The International Rescue Committee is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including a flexible hour (when possible), maternity leave, transportation support, and gender-sensitive security protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Closing date: 30-Dec-22