Website IMPACT Initiatives
BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support in its fields of intervention.
We are currently looking for a Finance & Accounting Specialist to support our IMPACT Initiatives team in South and Central America (LAC Region).
Department:IMPACT Initiatives – Finance
Position: Finance & Accounting specialist
Location: Geneva – International Environment House
Starting Date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance, the Finance and Accounting Specialist is responsible for the organisation’s financial unit for LAC region. This includes the follow-up of treasury, monthly and yearly accounting closure, financial performance follow-up, constant support to mission teams in the LAC region. This position will also provide capacity building to finance staff in the LAC region. In addition, this function will provide ad-hoc finance backstopping support to other regions where IMPACT is present, including francophone countries.
- Financial control for LAC countries and partial back-stopping to other IMPACT regions as needed on ad-hoc basis
- Prepare financial reports, forecasts, and statements
- Assess financing alternatives by considering risk
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and budgets
- Monitor the cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available to meet cash flow needs
- Focal point to internal and external partners in the region
- Prepare periodic financial reports for the company
- Perform the daily book-keeping, ensuring that the accounting is done in a timely and accurate manner, according to the organisation’s procedures and principles
- Perform the monthly accounting closure transactions and controls & prepare the related reports. Make sure that the reports are signed by all concerned parties and properly filed
- Perform the yearly accounting closure transactions and controls and prepare the yearly financial statements in alignment with the legal requirements
- Support the statutory audit throughout the process
- Provide support to any other audit as requested by the Head of Finance
- Financial capacity building for LAC countries
- Support on the recruitment, training and development of the finance team based in the various countries of LAC region
- Travel to missions periodically to strengthen relationships with internal and external partners and participate on mission workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related field or accountancy. Ideally a masters’ degree in the same field;
- Minimum 2-4 years’ work experience in a similar position including experience working with an international non-profit;
- Fluent in Portuguese, French and English; knowledge of Spanish (B1/B2) desired;
- Previous experience operating in Central or South America;
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
- Organized person, with attention to detail and rigor;
- Perfect knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- A previous experience with the accounting software SAGE 100 and payroll software SAGE 50 is strongly desired;
- Knowledge of finance control matters in the humanitarian sector desired, in particular donor reporting and audit guidelines.
How to apply
Please apply at the following link: Finance and Accounting Specialist (LAC Region Focus) | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
Deadline: 19 Mar 2023