MSI Reproductive Choices
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead the overall delivery of our exciting portfolio of digital change projects. Reporting to the CIO, you will coordinate the delivery of digital technology solutions across a broad portfolio of projects to ensure change is landed successfully, enabling us to reach more clients with high-quality reproductive health services. This role will have considerable strategic and management responsibilities, supporting successful delivery of our ambitious Global Digital & Technology Strategy, Choice in a Digital Age. You will lead our Digital Transformation team and work collaboratively to ensure our projects are set up for success, well executed and embedded to deliver lasting benefits. The role offers an exciting opportunity to optimise MSI’s approach to frontline digital delivery, ensuring solutions are embedded to deliver lasting benefits. You will help shape the MSI standard for digital transformation and change management, expanding our capacity to deliver client-centred care at scale.
We are looking for someone with proven leadership abilities who can provide strategic direction and change management authority for a portfolio of complex digital projects. You will inspire the team to continuously improve our change frameworks and user-centred approaches to deliver technology. You will be responsible for positioning the team to deliver on improvements and influence organisational ways of working. Your leadership mindset means you are focused on coaching and developing your team. You have excellent communication skills and a successful track record in managing relationships with a broad range of senior stakeholders. You are comfortable challenging the status quo. With a collaboration-first mentality, you position yourself to be effective straight away.
We offer a hybrid office/remote working model, with occasional exciting international travel opportunities.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Leadership: You are a proven leader, with a track record of guiding and developing teams to achieve success, including globally distributed teams and different cultures.
- Strategic thinking: You’re able to reflect organisational priorities and integrate these into a coherent delivery approach for your team.
- Communication: You’re an excellent, influential communicator; you can convey complex, technical concepts simply and effectively, adapting your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to inspire senior leaders to get buy-in for team and department priorities. You are comfortable challenging ideas and decisions when you need to.
- Analytical skills: You have an ability to analyse and interrogate complex data and processes. You know how and when to ask “the tricky questions,” ensuring you eliminate any ambiguity.
- Problem solving: You’re able to create clarity, cut through detail, and make decisions even in difficult and opinion-heavy situations.
- Organisation and prioritisation: You’re able to track progress across priorities, ensuring alignment with wider stakeholders and providing a clear steer to your team to deliver with quality and on time.
- Proactiveness: You have an ability to identify and act on issues and opportunities before they become a problem. You’re a self-starter and comfortable working independently.
- Collaboration: You’re a team player and you consistently seek input from and align with others. You coordinate collaboration to ensure delivery.
- Technical skills: You’re able to quickly understand new technologies, systems, and processes.
- User-centred: You ensure that any new initiatives or technologies keep users at the heart.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for a person with the following experience:
- You have experience managing a team to deliver large digital transformation projects and land change well in a range of contexts / diverse user base.
- You have a track record of building and leading successful teams, creating a positive and supportive team culture where staff are supported to do their best work.
- You have experience developing and managing budgets.
- You have experience in working effectively at all levels in the organisation, both with business and technical stakeholders and 3rd party vendors, including delivering high-quality presentations and leading high-level meetings for senior stakeholders.
- You have significant Change Management experience, either through applying change management approaches, tools, and methodologies, or through a formal qualification (e.g. Prosci).
- You have Project Management experience, either through applying project management processes, tools, and methodologies, or through working in partnership with a PM function.
- You have Business Analysis experience either through applying business analysis processes, tools, and methodologies, or through working in partnership with a BA function.
Additional skills and experience that we’d welcome:
- French language skills
- You may have experience with healthcare business models, digital health, frontline health management information systems (HMIS) and/or HMIS data strategy.
- You may have been involved in customer relationship management (CRM) or product sales/sales force automation (SFA) focused projects.
- You may have managed change projects leveraging Microsoft technologies such as Dynamics 365 and Power BI.
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Unapologetically Pro-Choice
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
- Resilient, flexible, positive attitude and who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Driven by doing work that directly impacts those most in need
- Curious about emerging developments within our sector and passionate about building best practice
- Actively seeks out feedback on their performance (both results and behaviours) with a view to continuously learn and develop
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Location: London Support Office (hybrid working) or work from any country where MSI operates
Full-time: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday (UK contracted hours)
Contract type: 12 month fixed term contract
Salary: Competitive – The salary will be banded within national context. Discretionary bonus + benefits
Closing date: 8th January 2023 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
For internal employees applying from an MSI country programme, the role will be positioned within the existing salary structure of the country. Local terms and conditions of the country will apply.
How to apply
Please click the link below to apply
Closing date: 8 Jan 2023