HIAS seeks an experienced Digital Engagement Manager to work with the Digital Engagement team in the Communications department to support, manage and drive the growth of our digital fundraising and supporter engagement efforts.
- Works closely with the Senior Director, Digital Engagement to develop and manage multi-channel digital campaigns that help HIAS achieve its advocacy, fundraising, engagement and acquisition goals.
- Coordinates planning and development of the email calendar with teams inside and outside of the Communications department, as well as outside consultants.
- Oversees the Global Update, HIAS’ monthly newsletter, including writing the email copy.
- Manages the email production process with the Marketing Technology Manager and outside consultants.
- Manages and implements HIAS’ Google Grant strategy.
- Works with outside consultants on paid and earned acquisition strategies, including online advertising on social media, search marketing, list chaperones, list appends or other strategies as needed.
- Collaborates with the Social Media Manager and others to ensure successful promotion and engagement of campaigns, events, etc.
- Develops and produces reports to track and analyze KPIs relevant to email and paid advertising and communicates results.
- Manages the development of graphics and other digital collateral, working with internal resources and outside vendors as necessary.
- Works with the Development Operations team to ensure clean data syncing and troubleshoot potential issues in the eCRM.
- Establishes processes and standards for the Digital Engagement efforts for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in ongoing development of HIAS’ communications strategy and training of staff in communications best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a relevant field.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in digital fundraising and/or advocacy, especially managing paid advertising strategies.
- Strong awareness of digital marketing, fundraising and advocacy best practices, as well as industry trends.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of eCRMs (Engaging Networks, EveryAction, Luminate Online, etc.).
- Experience with digital marketing technology platforms, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Google Data Studio.
- Web content management system experience (WordPress or similar) and knowledge of SEO best practices preferred.
- Knowledge of refugee and/or asylum issues preferred.
- Experience working or volunteering with a Jewish organization preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and work independently in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills; detail-oriented; ability to set goals, maintain calendar, measure impact and ensure program implementation is consistently on budget.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve diverse issues.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and communicate effectively across different cultures.
- Travel, to include travel to insecure operating environments, may be required.
All employees are expected to represent the organization in alignment with HIAS’ mission, vision and values. Some employees of HIAS are expected to speak externally on behalf of the organization with clients, donors, affiliates, partners, etc. as part of their work-related responsibilities. Applicants for these roles acknowledge and accept the inherent risk associated with external representation of HIAS.
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Phone screen with a HIAS recruiter.
Step 3: Video interview with the hiring manager.
Step 4: Video interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Online reference check with SkillSurvey.
Step 6: Offer and background check with Shield Screening or ESR.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité • Hachnasat Orchim
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice • Tzedek
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie • Chesed
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération • Chevruta
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • Ometz
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience • Ruach
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
HIAS is committed to the protection of children, vulnerable adults and any other person from any harm caused directly or indirectly due to their coming into contact with HIAS.We will not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or any form of child abuse or neglect by our staff or associated personnel**.** Any candidate offered a job with HIAS will be expected to sign and adhere to HIAS’ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies.All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records. HIAS also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. Likewise, HIAS will share this information when other organizations inquire about current and former HIAS staff as part of their recruitment process. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and application to our website: https://hias.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2880827&&nohd#job
Deadline: 20 Jan 2024