Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes- Lausanne is in search for a qualified Head of Programmes (HoP) based in Beirut or Surroundings to lead the overall programmatic strategy of Tdh Lebanon operations**.**
The position is open for nationals and residents only.
The Head of Programme (HoP) is responsible for the overall programmatic strategy of Tdh Lebanon operations and for ensuring timely and adequate technical inputs, contributing to the quality assurance of program implementation across the project development and implementation cycle. The position ensures that Tdh projects bring a significant contribution to meeting immediate humanitarian needs and ensuring programmatic strategies are in place to ensure durable solutions affected individuals, with a focus on children and youth applying a gender sensitive lens.
The HoP will support an integrated program and approach across the country strategy, managing effectively technical coordinators and managers in the Child Protection and Access to Justice sectors across the two programs. The HoP will ensure the delivery of donor contractual obligations and will work closely with the Head of Delegation (HoD) and the Senior Management Team (SMT) on funding strategy, proposal development and financial management as well.
The HoP is a key senior position in the Tdh Lebanon country set up, responsible for cross-cutting programmatic themes, sound programme design and of overseeing that information from assessments, monitoring and evaluation processes is consistently reflected upon to improve ongoing projects and it is incorporated into high-quality grant proposals and reports. The HoP will play an important role in the external representation and will act as the primary focal point for Tdh programming portfolio in Lebanon.
Program Strategy and Development:
- Contribute to constant in-depth analysis of humanitarian and development context, trends, gaps, challenges, and opportunities.
- Aligned with Tdh global strategy, MENA, and Lebanon strategies, propose new program development that addresses gaps/trends and meets the needs of beneficiaries within a Triple Nexus framework.
- As a key pillar of the overall country strategy, lead the programme strategy planning, design, and operationalization process in a collaborative way to ensure program alignment and accountability among the country program team.
- Write/Review and monitors the Program Strategy document based upon clear needs/evidence- driven approach, Tdh’s core expertise and a large stakeholder analysis.
- Foster synergies between program areas and sectors and promote an integrated approach.
- Drive new initiatives to expand/improve programmatic actions;
- Lead the integration of gender, protection and conflict sensitivity mainstreaming and safeguarding across all programs as best suits the Lebanon context and ensure adherence to Sphere & CHS standards or any other international standards when relevant.
- Design, contribute and/or lead assessments for emergency or longer-term programming in existing or new projects’ locations.
- Keep abreast and engage with both the Sectors Coordinators in Lebanon and ensure Tdh is well and actively represented.
- Provide regular internal and external reports, and other relevant information on programme activities, policy matters and external relations.
- Frequently travel for direct support to field sites, representation, and identification of opportunities for organizational growth in the competence areas.
Staff Management and Capacity building:
- Ongoing development of team composition and structure to ensure that it fits the purpose.
- Manage staff cycle accordingly, from need’s analysis, through recruitment process, staff orientation, staff capacity development and performance review.
- When needed, draft and/or review scopes of work to hire and manage technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
- Work with the Global/Regional Technical Advisors and Delegation’s Technical Unit to ensure technical capacity building for team members and partners are in place to develop stronger expertise in-country.
- Ensure staff are well-supported and have manageable workloads – proactively flagging up issues of well-being to SMT.
Program Quality and Management:
- Provide oversight, guidance, and leadership to all aspects of program development and implementation in Lebanon, including ensuring timely reporting, compliance, and quality of program implementation.
- Ensure effective program planning, coordination, high quality results and joint learning across the
- country strategy and provide leadership for effective coordination with other departments and teams in the delegation.
- Overseeing systems and tools for efficient project cycle and grants management; and ensure a coordinated approach to risk-management in cooperation with relevant departments and in coordination with HQ.
- Ensure quality programming by coordinating the technical support provided by the Regional Office and HQ, by developing quality approaches and other quality improvement initiatives.
- Adopt an evidence-based approach that see the dissemination of lessons learned and best practices within Tdh programme teams, to donors and to other stakeholders when relevant in order ensure synergetic programming and cross-program collaboration in Lebanon.
- With support from Quality and Accountability (Q&A) department, ensure proper monitoring and evaluation of the operations takes place in line with project monitoring plans, to ensure the overall implementation is in accordance with agreed work plans, donor agreements and humanitarian accountability framework.
- Develop a close and productive working relationship with Field Offices to ensure that all aspects of programs are implemented to maximum affect and compliant with Tdh and donor regulations.
Fundraising and Grants Management:
- Lead the planning and development of concept papers/notes, budgets, and project proposals (including any modifications) with support from the country team.
- Assist the CR in establishing and maintaining donor relations at country level and in identifying appropriate funding opportunities. Ensure that donor funded programs contribute to the aims of the wider Tdh program and are managed in an integrated way.
- Contribute to date fundraising annual plan, donor mapping databases and pursue funding opportunities in all Tdh competence areas; coordinate the capacities of the Grants and Reporting Officer, Program Manager and SMT to identify and materialize opportunities.
- Review final reports and authorize on proposals to be submitted to external donors and HQ.
- With the support of the support services department, effectively stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of the communication plan of the delegation. Work closely with the Senior Communication Officer and ensure that all Tdh’s activities are communicated and visible.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the partnership strategy including management tools, guidelines, and other resources as needed to effectively management partnerships.
- Promote localization agenda within Tdh Lebanon; and ensure this is well reflected in all technical strategies and within the country strategy.
- Lead the process of identification of local NGOs/partners and develop partnerships with relevant and complementary partners.
- Improve partnership practices by periodically assessing Tdh’s Lebanon partnership management approach considering both Tdh and partners’ perspectives, capture lessons learned and best practices, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee the ongoing development of partner tracking systems, due diligence, and capacity development processes.
Coordination and Representation of Tdh:
- Establish strong and efficient partnerships with organizations, donors and authorities, in line with the country programme strategy.
- Increase/cultivate the visibility and credibility of Tdh program in the country and maintain close relations with all relevant stakeholders including donors.
- Aligned with the country strategy and in coordination with the HoD, advocate about Tdh program in Lebanon with government, donors, and humanitarian stakeholders, in cluster meetings, workshops, conferences and in other relevant fora.
- When requested, together with the HoD, represent the Tdh Lebanon program to funders and potential donors.
- Act as a proactive member of the SMT, promoting and role-modeling values
- Respect the Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct (GCD), Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy (PSEA) and Policy on Gender and Diversity and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP/PSEA Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy;
- Is aware of, abide by and promote the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job;
- Master’s degree in political science, international development, humanitarian assistance &/ or another relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, leadership, and design developing and leading integrated and complex program portfolios – preferably experience in the Middle East.
- Proven experience in both development and humanitarian and/or conflict affected countries settings.
- At least 5 years’ experience with people management with proven leadership experience with experience managing multi-disciplinary teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solid experience in project development and management; including ability to lead on assessments, design, implementation, monitoring; with good skills in donor reporting, accountability, and compliance.
- Demonstrable experience in the nurturing of organisational learning with the ability to draft strategies/frameworks.
- Excellent coordination, communication, organizational and planning skills; with the ability to work flexibly in a diverse team in a dynamic environment, fostering a positive working environment, and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically.
- Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills with the ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships to facilitate communication and support partner and staff.
- Proven experience in effectively coordinating with National Governments, International and National NGO partners, UN and coordinating with donors.
- Extensive knowledge of UN, US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals, contract management including consortia grants.
- Strong understanding of localization agenda as well as partnership approaches and tools in strengthening programmatic and organisational capacities of civil society organisations.
- Commitment to integrate gender, protection, conflict sensitivity and accountability into programming.
- Keen understanding of the complexities in the Middle East region, especially of Lebanon.
- Full professional proficiency in English is mandatory; knowledge of Arabic is desired.
- Organizational Competencies:
Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC):
- Self-management: Manages oneself, time and priority, shows flexibility, availability and adaptability. Self-developing, Identifies and expresses development needs.
- Communication and interaction: Communicates in a clear, concise, responsible way and constructive way. Listens Actively. Shows Negotiation Skills. Manages conflict constructively.
- Teamwork: Shows solidarity. Cooperates to achieving goals. Supports and advises colleagues. Uses a collaborative attitude within and outside the department. Creates Trust.
- Mission orientation: Respects the values defined, Courage, Ambition, Respect and Commitment. Represents the Mission of Tdh and contributes to it. Acts in Tdh interest.
- Leadership (for Managers): Focuses on the positive, the opportunities, Inspires and motivates employees, Acts as secure base to staff, respects Institutional values, processes and rules, Builds and maintains relationships.
Technical and methodological competencies (TMC) :
- Respect for the institutional framework: Knows and respect Tdh working framework. Knows and applies the business management policies. Reports any incidents or violations. Applies security guidelines.
- Innovation & Development: Stays informed on any innovation in the field of work, contributes to their development, shares into good practices. Shares knowledge and helps to develop colleagues.
- Quality, Monitoring & Reporting: Selects, analyses and manages information, produces high quality reports, respects reporting guidelines. Collects necessary information for professional activities and monitors self-tasks and goals.
- Language & Computer skills: Masters language that are useful for the job: Fluency in English and Arabic are mandatory. Excellent written skills in English. Masters tools and application that are activity specific: Computer literacy/Microsoft office.
Management and Strategic competencies (MSC):
- Managing a team: Defines the needs for staff and writes the JDs for staff members, ensures the welcoming of new staff members, translates the organizational strategy into clear priorities, goals and actions, carries out a yearly appraisal reviews, encourages and supports development of staff, takes care of the well-being of staff members, as well as their work/life balance, delegates responsibilities and tasks based on the available competencies, manages any conflicts that might arise, manages changes, takes the necessary decisions and carries them out, respects the rules and the processes.
- Budget: Defines, proposes and controls the usage of budgets of the department.
- Leading strategically: Defines policies, and sets quality guidelines.
How to apply
The deadline for submission of CV and Motivation letter is on Friday November 24th, 2023. The interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to the following email [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written Technical Test in English will be required at the next phase of recruitment, while the shortlisted candidates will also have interview in English with the Head of Delegation, Program Manager, and HR Manager.
Closing date: 24 Nov 2023
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.