Tara Climate Ltd
Interested in working for a cutting edge Asian philanthropic foundation with climate change at the heart of its mission? Do you have a deep understanding of Pakistan’s political and economic context regarding international climate change mitigation and domestic climate and energy policies and at least 7 years’ experience in developing, managing, and implementing successful policy development work and/or advocacy campaigns, with real results.
Tara Climate Foundation is looking for a Program Officer, Pakistan to work closely with the Pakistan Country Lead to accelerate Pakistan’s energy transition strategy and program and expand its work across the country and provinces by supporting think tanks, civil society organisations, and other stakeholders.
Tara Climate Foundation is a new and rapidly growing philanthropic initiative focusing on South, Southeast, and East Asia. With a vision of a just and thriving Asia powered by renewable energy, Tara Climate supports think tanks, civil society, research organisations and other non-state actors to accelerate Asia’s energy transformation.
As Program Officer, Pakistan your key responsibilities will be to:
- Strategy: The Program Officer will support the Country Lead to develop and deliver grant-making strategy for the Pakistan program in consultation with Pakistani partners. This includes ensuring that a multi-faceted and multi-layered strategy is developed together with Pakistani partners and that the strategy is regularly evaluated for its impact.
- Policy Development: The Program Officer will help strengthen the approach of Tara’s partner organisations in their policy and technical advice to government in the areas of climate change mitigation and the clean energy transition.
- Networking: The Programme Officer will support Tara’s partners to develop constructive working relationships with government agencies, international financial institutions, and diplomatic missions. By doing so, he/she will support Tara’s partners’ work to strengthen Pakistan’s position and influence in international climate and energy forums.
- Partnerships: The Program Officer will be expected to maintain close relationships with existing Tara grantees in Pakistan, and work to develop the field of available partners in the country. He/she will work to ensure that Tara grantees coordinate their efforts well and can work collaboratively to seek the best possible outcomes.
- Grantmaking: The Programme Officer will advise Tara on potential grants, work with potential grantees to develop proposals, and help monitor and evaluate Tara’s grantees’ work.
Excited by the prospect of working for a dynamic and fast-growing international organisation with a mission to solve the climate crisis, the ideal candidate will have:
Skills & Experience:
- A deep understanding of Pakistan’s political and economic context regarding international climate change mitigation and domestic climate and energy policies. This may have been developed in the context of experience in civil society organisations, in government service, and/or within international donor institutions.
- At least 7 years’ experience in developing, managing, and implementing successful policy development work and/or advocacy campaigns, with real results. Experience in effectively managing participation in coalitions.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as energy, environmental management, business administration, economics, or sustainable development.
- Demonstrable ability to develop robust program plans, including the ability to identify tangible outcomes with partners, set priorities, plan interventions, and evaluate progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Urdu and, preferably, other major languages of Pakistan.
- Commitment to Tara’s mission, values, and approach. Commitment to transforming energy systems in the interests of clean air and a safe climate.
- Good understanding of grant-making and/or grant management and ability to engage constructively with civil society partners to ensure contractual outputs are achieved.
- Strong team-working skills, including the ability to work with a diverse multicultural team across time-zones.
- Understanding how to build civil society partners’ capacity to plan and implement complex strategies effectively.
What Tara can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work
- A flexible work environment
- Opportunities for career develop and challenge yourself
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A collaborative, fun and thriving team, driven by our mission and live our values
How to apply
Please submit an A4 covering letter outlining your skills and achievements against the role responsibilities, why you would like to join us and your salary expectations, along with your up to date CV via LinkedIn or [email protected].
Tara is committed to building leadership capacity within Asia. As a home based role, applicants must be based in and have the right to work in Pakistan.
We appreciate everyone’s application, but only have the resources to respond to shortlisted applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you are unsuccessful for this role. If this is you, we appreciate your support and consideration and hope you will continue to consider roles with Tara in the future!
Closing date: 17 Dec 2023
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.